Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got it and have been grinning since :). And this fine board now has another member (former lurker since a few months before I registered) with an Amazon/Olive RTS, build date 9/15/05, production #41,8xx .

Loving the RL so far, came over from a Civic, have owned 4-5 Honda cars and 2-3 Toyota trucks - thus far the RTS seems to pack the best features of all the preceding into a very nice package. Still getting to deal with the looks, as this is the first vehicle I bought that I said "damn it's ugly" but the positives outweighed that enough to make payments for the next few years ;)

Anyways, Just wondering - did Honda do away with the steering column lock or something for 06 vehicles? I ask because my RL never seems to lock no matter what I do. The shifter locks up no problem and I can see the key/column making the movements as my previous honda's did (when locking the wheel). But alas - no lock?!?

I RTFM'd already but it doesen't really get into specifics of a column/wheel lock that I could see. Weirdly I was complaining to my Mom about it (she has an 06 Civic) and she indicated same thing on her car, and she thought it was just some new form of technology or somethin(?).

Does your steering wheel lock when you take out the key? ..am I completely misinterpreting something in the manual here? I have the crackling AM reception issue that occurs on all channels so going to make a dealer appointment for that :( but wanted to see if the steering lock was an issue too.

Many thanks for your help and knowledge with this, this place rocks

·
Registered
626 Posts
Maybe steering lock has gone by the wayside because of other, better theft-prevention stuff (like having the fuel enabled by the transmitter in the key). Someone else will have to provide a more definitive answer... I just wanted to say, congrats and welcome to the ROC!! :D :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome and I must say you picked a fine color for your truck:D :D :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
ssg said:
... Anyways, Just wondering - did Honda do away with the steering column lock or something for 06 vehicles? I ask because my RL never seems to lock no matter what I do. The shifter locks up no problem and I can see the key/column making the movements as my previous honda's did (when locking the wheel). But alas - no lock?!?
Noticed the other night the steering wheel can be turned further than any other vehicle I've driven before it locks. Thought it was going to turn forever, but it did finally lock.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Your steering wheel will lock if you turn the wheel to the right...reason being is when you park your car or truck on a hill you must have the wheel turned into the curb or away depending if you are up a hill....safety first dudes...:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just this morning I noticed that it didn't lock when I turned it a little bit. I wasn't that interested in really cranking on it to see when it did lock. It's funny that I came across this thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I noticed the other day the steering wheel can be turned further than any other vehicle before it locks. Thought it was going to turn completely around, but it did finally lock.

·
Registered
473 Posts
mine usually locks as I step out of the truck and use it as a handle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts