Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

No towing lights, tried it all

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Carsmak 
#1 ·
Ive been round and round trying to get the trailer lights to work. I confirmed the trailer lights work on a friends truck, all fuses in RL are good. Is there a relay or something else to check? What is the second plug coming out of harness that is not plugged in? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
It would be helpful if you update your profile to show your location and year and model RL.

If this is a G1 RL, what wiring harness does your RL have? OEM or aftermarket?

Reactions: HyperPete
#3 · (Edited)
I have a similar issue with my G1. They used to work but don't anymore.

I just haven't had time or inclination to spend more hours on it than I already have.

I've checked Fuses, Relays, The Harness in the rear of the Truck

I have the OEM harness and all the OEM parts installed except the brake controller *plug and obvious aftermarket brake controller.*

This issue may wait until I am back at shopping for a travel trailer. I've posted about this before in another thread or two

#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
Yes I have something like that. I'll have to find which one I got...

Here it is... IIT 7 Blade & 4 Pin Tester

And I have Brake Lights, just no running lights

#7 ·
Do you know how to check a relay for proper operation? (Hope I'm not insulting your intelligence!)

#11 ·
#9 · (Edited)
#10 ·
With no more to go on than what you've noted, my suggestion is to make sure you have a good ground on the trailer with the failed lights. A bad ground will cause all kinds of issues. If I understood your post correctly, your truck's wiring doesn't seem to be the problem since you could get a good connection on a different trailer. So check out the ground connection . . . now, back to my Chick-Fil-A . . . then go vote early!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.