Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added a NOCO GB40-1000A emergency jumper/booster to my 2014 G1 Ridgeline. It is rated to jump gas engines up to 6.0 liters, and diesels up to 3.0 liters.

It is quite compact and nests very nicely in the G1's large center console storage area. It doesn't take up much space at all -- just one of the divided spaces in the cubby.

A single "USB In" port is how it takes its charge. So I keep a USB cable plugged into the AC outlet in the center console, and it charges anytime the engine is on. (However, specs say it only needs to be recharged every six months or so.)

It has a built-in flash/strobe light. It also has a "USB Out" port for emergency charging of other devices. Comes with short jumper cables, with safety features built in to protect from incorrect use.

I have already used it once to help a guy with a dead battery at a filling station. It worked as advertised.

Available from Amazon: NOCO GB40/1000A

Attachments

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
I have a jump starter from Harbor Freight that I used and saved me (when my battery was dying in late 2011). It was always under the rear seats and charged every time I started to car. 6 years later, the battery inside of it died and I have been contemplating spending 40 bux on it or spending another 40 and getting one of these NOCO type ones. I also thought about dual battery setup, but with the falling costs of these small jump starters, the dual battery setup idea has been buried for now.

Let us know how this works and I know NOCO is a solid brand for isolators. Hope these jumpers are well made.

Registered
Aren't these devices better than having to get out the jumper cables when encountering a dead battery? Mine is the same only different! I have a Cyntur JumperPack mini and have used it in the last year to help a motorist at a motel where I was staying. They work great for charging other devices too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Let us know how this works and I know NOCO is a solid brand for isolators. Hope these jumpers are well made.
Like said, I helped a guy jump his car at a service station and it worked great. Much easier than getting two vehicles lined up, connecting cables, etc. Just plug in the mini-cables, connect to dead battery, and turn the key. It fired right up on first click. Very handy and easy.

Looking at the photos I posted, I now realize they do not offer the best perspective. But this GB40 fits perfectly in the G1 console without taking up a lot of space.

Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
This device is really perking my interest. Since my boat batteries are gel, I have another vehicle with a 6.4L, the famous 392 HEMI (I love that beast!), and I would like to be able to use it to power a tire inflator, I'm thinking of getting the GB70. I just wish those battery clamps could be disconnected so I can more easily stow and charge the power pack in the center console like ISO Truck does. Is there another version/brand of this system where the clamps can be stowed separately and the power pack will fit nicely in the center console of our RLs?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
This device is really perking my interest. Since my boat batteries are gel, I have another vehicle with a 6.4L, the famous 392 HEMI (I love that beast!), and I would like to be able to use it to power a tire inflator, I'm thinking of getting the GB70. I just wish those battery clamps could be disconnected so I can more easily stow and charge the power pack in the center console like ISO Truck does. Is there another version/brand of this system where the clamps can be stowed separately and the power pack will fit nicely in the center console of our RLs?
I actually like the way the cables/clamps are fixed on like that and stored at the sides. But it does make the unit bulkier overall. Looking at some of the photos of the larger GB70 2000A NOCO booster (on Amazon), it seems like it could be a tight fit in the center console.

For anything larger than what I currently have, I might explore a mounting solution in the trunk. That would require either (a) remembering to bring it in and charge it every 4-6 moths or so; or (b) running a 12V USB plug to the trunk and keeping it plugged in there. I'd probably try (a) first and avoid doing (b) unless (a) proved impractical for some reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts