Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Monday on my way to the airpor, I was driving with the windows down and roof open. I heard what sounded like a dragonfly outside. When I lowered the wind deflector of the sun roof, the noise was much clearer. I was traveling about 75 MPH.

I returned today and drove home and heard it again around 70MPH and it seemed louder. When I arrived home, I felt around the windshield edges and at the top of each corner where the black plastic trim reaches the top (where the hidden anchors are for the roof rack) the plastic trim piece is slightly loose. There is about an 1/8th of an inch of "play" in them which I imagine is catching the wind blowing off the hood / windshield and vibrating at high speeds. It's loose for about three inches from the top down.

I plan to tape them over tomorrow with some gaffer's tape and take it out on the highway to see if I have isolated the noise and I'll update you when I have some sort of result to report back.

I isolated the trim pieces today and nope, that was not the cause of the noise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same issue with something flapping around but mine sounds like it's coming from under the truck by the driver's side back door. I only hear it at high speeds, especially when it's windy. It's been driving me crazy. Has anyone else encountered this???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts