Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - I finally got my correct TPMS sensors and steel wheels and tires all put together. I got them on the truck yesterday afternoon. I drove down the block prior to putting the tools away and re-checking the tourques on the nuts... first impression was "Wow, this feels like a truck now!!"

Each wheel/tire didn't seem much heavier than the alloy/summer tires I took off but maybe thats because I spent the morning moving heavier things? Anyways, the studded hakks are LOUD and DENSE feeling. The Ridgeline still feels peppy and goes well -- still very comfortable and nimble feeling, but there is alot more wheel-presense if that makes any sense.

I drove it down to the dairy farm and turned around on thier hill of ice and it certianly seemed very competent and planted. I think its a great match all around.

Sorry to everyone who was waiting on the steel wheel TPMS sensor pictures, but I think the main difference is the steel wheel fill stem is almost 2" long rather than 1.25" on the alloys. Thats the only difference that I can tell. I'm running the Hakks at 33psi.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Excellent. Let us know how they work out off-road or in a blizzard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shovelhd said:
Excellent. Let us know how they work out off-road or in a blizzard.
If my 10+ year history with Nokia's are anything to go by, they'll be very predictable, a little heavy, cut 2-3mpg from our average and get us through virtually anything. The wise thing is to remember that you can hydroplane on enough slush and that no set of tires can save you if you are doing dumb things.

I'll keep an eye out for bad weather and then go for a drive... should happen this week.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
coldnight said:
If my 10+ year history with Nokia's are anything to go by, they'll be very predictable, a little heavy, cut 2-3mpg from our average and get us through virtually anything. The wise thing is to remember that you can hydroplane on enough slush and that no set of tires can save you if you are doing dumb things.

I'll keep an eye out for bad weather and then go for a drive... should happen this week.
Hi coldnight. Welcome to the club. Do you have any photos of your wheel conversion?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I also would be interested in seeing pictures of your Ridgeline with your new tires. I am not sure I would find winter tires necessary as I am so close to the city. It was a different story when I was up in Maine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts