Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Haven't posted in a while. Went for my first oil change at the dealer today because MY RIDGELINE TOLD ME TO! I'm at 5400+ on the odometer. Cost me $24.00 with the tax. Not bad from the dealer. I went on record with the dealership that there was an intermittent wind noise in the front shield but told them not to deal with it today due to my lack of time. Also had the service mgr. check the the very intermittent dreaded steering wheel squeak. Of course it didn't do it today..damn... My main problem is that the driver seat "leather" is starting to bunch up and become loose on the door side. To lessen the damage I guess I've been getting in the truck "wrong" and my ass is now destroying the rubber moulding. The service mgr. ordered new moulding free of charge (one time only) he said, and he'll call me to set up an appt. to meet with a Honda Rep. to discuss the leather problem. I guess there's nothing Honda can do for my ass however...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
Actually, the part of the seat that is wrinkling is not leahter, the seats are leather trimmmed... which means only the parts with holes are leather the rest is vinyl.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
RidgeInRidge said:
Hi folks,
Haven't posted in a while. Went for my first oil change at the dealer today because MY RIDGELINE TOLD ME TO! I'm at 5400+ on the odometer. Cost me $24.00 with the tax. Not bad from the dealer. I went on record with the dealership that there was an intermittent wind noise in the front shield but told them not to deal with it today due to my lack of time. Also had the service mgr. check the the very intermittent dreaded steering wheel squeak. Of course it didn't do it today..damn... My main problem is that the driver seat "leather" is starting to bunch up and become loose on the door side. To lessen the damage I guess I've been getting in the truck "wrong" and my ass is now destroying the rubber moulding. The service mgr. ordered new moulding free of charge (one time only) he said, and he'll call me to set up an appt. to meet with a Honda Rep. to discuss the leather problem. I guess there's nothing Honda can do for my ass however...
This is something I have seen before while at the dealership. The problem is many of "us" get bottom heavy or "slide" in and out of the seat and this happens over time. I had to have a few seat panels replaced on good will but he is right..they will only do it once.
I had to teach myself the proper way to get in and out of Ridgena. I still catch myself once in a while. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
lowrider90 said:
Actually, the part of the seat that is wrinkling is not leahter, the seats are leather trimmmed... which means only the parts with holes are leather the rest is vinyl.
Are you sure about this? It sure seems like leather to me. I think the leather with the holes in it is just ventilated leather. I'd like to find this out for sure though. Does anyone know?

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
absolutely sure, there have been a number of threads on this, but, ask the INFORMED salesman they will tell you. Do not settle on one persons account, other members know this as well. look at the description on the brochures, "leather trim" not leather seats. makes sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
lowrider90 said:
absolutely sure, there have been a number of threads on this, but, ask the INFORMED salesman they will tell you. Do not settle on one persons account, other members know this as well. look at the description on the brochures, "leather trim" not leather seats. makes sense.
Actually the seat (the actual part you sit on) is leather, it is the trim that isn't leather. I am not sure why they advertise this as leather trimmed, I have never heard of the center of a seat being called trim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
actually that part is leather. all seating surfaces are, the part that isn't would the head rests, back of the seats etc.

I'd just use some good quality leather condition on that and it should be fine.
I think they should fix the trim though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
I have the same seat bolster bunching problem. I can manipulate the material under the leather to smooth it out. I takes about a week to bunch up again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
lowrider90 said:
absolutely sure, there have been a number of threads on this, but, ask the INFORMED salesman they will tell you. Do not settle on one persons account, other members know this as well. look at the description on the brochures, "leather trim" not leather seats. makes sense.
Informed salesman is an oxymoron and yours is mistaken. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
arteegee said:
Informed salesman is an oxymoron and yours is mistaken. :rolleyes:
Easy on the informed salsman oxymorons. Please do not put us all in the same category. Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Why not? You're the one who said every buyer lies to his salesman. Talk about generalization. So what is leather and what isn't, Mr. Informed Salesman? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
shingles is correct. The whole seating surface is leather. The side trim, headrest, and seat back are vinyl. Maybe my previous comment that arteegee is referring to was a little "generalized" but there was too much salesman bashing going on. I realize it seemed like I was saying everyone probably lied, but did not mean it. I am sure most of you would not lie to your salesperson. Sorry for the generalization. Now can we all just get along. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
arteegee said:
Informed salesman is an oxymoron and yours is mistaken. :rolleyes:
10-4 on that..............the seats are leather. :rolleyes: .............(lol..lol..oxymoron............good one arteegee...)oops......sorry h20.......... :)
theres an exception to every rule! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Thanks jeffiam for getting the point. ;) Oh, and Waterman, part of the headrests is leather as well. :pAnd yes, there are exceptions to every rule.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
RidgeInRidge said:
I guess I've been getting in the truck "wrong" and my ass is now destroying the rubber moulding. The service mgr. ordered new moulding free of charge (one time only)
Count another ass ripping the cheap molding case. Mine looks much worse than yours (Probably both the molding and my ass). The dealer is replacing molding this afternoon. (Took two weeks to get it)(Ass took a lifetime). It better not be a one time replacement, because I see it going lots of times in the next few years. Note: Just rubbing against it will tear it in a flash. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the support RidgeMe-
Looks like my ass and I are not alone. It is comforting.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
RidgeMe said:
Count another ass ripping the cheap molding case. Mine looks much worse than yours (Probably both the molding and my ass). The dealer is replacing molding this afternoon. (Took two weeks to get it)(Ass took a lifetime). It better not be a one time replacement, because I see it going lots of times in the next few years. Note: Just rubbing against it will tear it in a flash. :(
I missed the first pic in this post. Mine is doing the same thing. :( When I get my new carpet, I'll be getting that replaced to.
Chalk it up to my Mother-bearing hips I guess!! Nothing I can do. They're attached!! :) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Notice: If they have to order the part, have them triple check that they order the right one. It's the inner body seal, NOT the door seal. They claim they ordered it correctly, but I have been to the Dealer three times and they still don't have the correct part to fix it.

This seal rips really easy. If yours is ripped in the first few months of ownership, it's bound to go again over time. It takes about an hour to replace, in theroy, but they need to get the right part first, which may take weeks.

Anyone doing trailer hitch wiring, camera installs, anything where to might rub against this seal, has probably torn it. Take a look at yours, before your warrenty expires. :(
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top