Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put the new nosemask on my Ridgeline this evening. Installation wasn't too bad, a lot of pulling and stretching but I am pleased with the overall looks.
Silly question, will it hold up going through carwash's? Would hate to have to pull this thing off just to run it through one....

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hey Brian,

I would not let moisture of any kind stay under the nose mask for very long periods of time, as it will eventually make the paint turn milky. I think the instructions state this somewhere. It is a pain to yank it before washing but far better than the consequence. Just my two cents! :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Don't take it into ANY machine wash or you will 1) have a ripped mask and/or 2) ruin the paint.

and always take those things off in a rain or after a rain storm. If you leave it on damp, and let it sit in the sun, you'll paint will eventually be ruined.

This is why I always go with the clear bra, like stongard or xpel.

L

·
0 Posts
I have the nose mask and I don't go through the car wash with it. I do what these fine gentleman have suggested. It's good advice.
Now..if you have a Silver Ridgeline, you don't need to yank it off as much.
:D
(DON'T go there swampi):rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
I believe the instructions tell you to remove the nose mask any time it gets wet.

The mask is not a good option for those in climates where it rains often.

-Joe

·
Registered
774 Posts
This is the first vehicle I've owned in several years where I didn't purchase a mask. It just looks too massive on a truck. However, I have had plenty of masks on previous cars. I have never experienced moisture problems with any of these masks (and we usually get plenty of moisture here in Virginia). I would take them off periodically to apply an extra layer of wax but that's it. While I agree it's good practice to remove it whenever they get wet, let's be practical here. Some masks are extremely difficult to install (anybody try to wedge the headlight pieces into the headlights of an '04 Accord? I have and it's no fun). I still feel the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. It's great to trade-in vehicles with pristine front ends. In my experience, masks have always performed well and have never caused direct damage to the paint job.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shingles, what did the clear coating cost?

·
Registered
578 Posts
You'll hae to chcek with your local installers. Prices will differ a bit.
You can also check with David at www.speedfilm.com. He's a good guy. I get my supplies from him and install myself.

This really isn't a DYI project if you are a first timer.
I would say expect to pay anywher from $400-$600. Sounds expensive... but have you checked out how much a good paintjob costs these days?

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Lingered_I said:
From memory, the instructions on the mask say the exact opposite, and say not to remove the mask while it's wet or damp. I assume it's because it could dry creased or shrink slightly.
To be exact the instructions say:
"If the mask gets wet, remove it and let it air-dry completely."
https://hondacuraworld.hostasaurus.com/Merchant2/instructions/ridgeline/fullnosemask.pdf
first page.

The instructions also say, "Make sure the mask is completely dry before you reinstall it." on the last page.

Additional warning, "If moisture under the mask is allowed to dry, it may cloud the paint."

-Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts