Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
No matter what happens, there will ALWAYS be people who bash the Ridgeline for not being a "real truck" or a "minivan with a bed". I've seen this ever since I started actually caring about the RL almost 10 years ago. Anytime a Motor Trend, Jalopnik, etc. article hits Facebook, it's a foregone conclusion that there will be several misinformed, inexperienced nimrods who comment just to make themselves feel better about buying a $60,000+, lifted parking lot queen of a truck that never does any actual real work. I've found that commenting back about the reliable, useful, tough and rugged nature of the RL is entirely pointless. If anything, I only now comment if someone spouts false information about the RL just to simply challenge them to find the factual information. Only so much you can do with people who don't want to listen. They can have their "real trucks". I'll hold onto my paid-off, tough-as-nails, swiss army knife of trucks and keep happily rolling down the road.
Quite true, I had my '06 Ridgeline barely a month when the first 'real truck' guy had a go at it. Sadly for him, the truth hurts as I used my old '99 Silverado like a truck and started using the Ridge like a truck out the gate.

Shut him down by asking how many loads of lumber, how many loads of scrap metal, and how many loads of construction debris he'd hauled in the past 5 years and two 'real' trucks. The answer? A half dozen 2x4's, once. In contrast I had hauled 2 fullish loads of lumber, one of construction debris with a trailer-full behind, and two 600lb loads of scrap metal. If you ain't using it like a truck, you might as well be driving a Prius ... no disrespect, it's simply all in why you have it and why you use it.

Then again, I miss that old rusted out Silverado. The misses NEVER wanted to steal that truck but she can't keep her hands off my Ridge ..... have had it 4 months and already had to postpone home-work four times because she 'borrowed' it when I needed it to haul supplies, but at least it has her stamp of approval. That seldom happened when I owned 'real' trucks.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
^^ Whereas I like to keep mine clean as much as possible, it's got dents, scratches, nicks and dings from being used well. I do like it when my truck is shined up, but I have to laugh when I pass by a meticulously detailed full-size truck in a parking lot with a bed that doesn't have a mark on it. My bed is terribly scratched up and has stains on it from many years of hauling lumber, plywood, stone, mulch, concrete, gravel, furniture and just about anything else you can think of. I don't have to justify my choice of vehicle to anyone. I know what my truck has done and can do. Most of the parking lot queen full-size truck owners have no idea of the capabilities of their trucks because they never come close to testing them. 2200lbs of dry concrete in the bed of my truck says I've tested mine. :)

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
One thing I noticed about my Ram, the RL payload was more than the Ram and the towing is the same at 5000#, granted mine is only the six cylinder, but as I said before, owning allows you to do more or haul more because your not afraid to dent it or scratch it, with leasing your afraid todo anything because you end up paying. Hopefully I’ll never lease again.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
^^ Meh... Some people's kids, you know? He probably has a pair of truck nuts hanging from his hitch.

My 2 year old calls my RL "Dada's Truck", so it must be a truck.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
31 Participants
IanRTL
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing