Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a two week vacation in California, and Nevada. I drove close to 3,000 miles between LA, Malibu and Las Vegas and didn't see one Ridgeline on any of the freeways. I saw plenty of Bentleys, Aston Martins, BMW 645s though.

Gets me thinking why aren't there more Ridgelines on the road? I love mine but maybe they're not selling.......

·
Registered
257 Posts
tedridge said:
I just got back from a two week vacation in California, and Nevada. I drove close to 3,000 miles between LA, Malibu and Las Vegas and didn't see one Ridgeline on any of the freeways. I saw plenty of Bentleys, Aston Martins, BMW 645s though.

Gets me thinking why aren't there more Ridgelines on the road? I love mine but maybe they're not selling.......
I think they only made 50,000 of them this year. Also, who cares. I like being one of the only guys in town with this badass ride. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not that this makes me disagree with anything you said, twinjogger, but your math assumes that the population is spread evenly across all states. Of course, it's not -- in fact, 1 out of 8 Americans live in the great state of California -- that's right, 1 in 8! And Californians also tend to own more cars, per person and per household, than other Americans (I have 4 now -- isn't that nuts??).

I haven't seen too many Ridgelines here in Cali -- but then again, I'm usually watching where I'm driving, not what's going by on the other side of the freeway, etc. Unlike the majority of Californians... (who probably *invented* rubbernecking, from what I can tell -- they sure have it down to a science!) :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
I live in the Bay Area and have seen a steady diet of RL's in the past two or three weeks, so much so that I've stopped counting now. That said, I think I stopped counting at around 10, so it's not like we drive Accords or Camry's, of which one out of five cars is one (or so it seems).

·
Registered
311 Posts
twinjogger said:
Let me put it another way. Honda has 1,100 dealers across the nation. 18,750 Ridgelines, aprox. 17 per dealer. California and Nevada account for 110 dealerships. If they average 20 vehicles each, there's about 2,200 between the two states. I stand corrected an extra 200 vehicles. :rolleyes:
You're still just accounting for average inventory on-hand at any particular dealership. This is no way addresses how many trucks were sold from each dealership. I believe that fly's point was that there is probably a disproportionate amount of RL's sold in some states (he used California as an example) than others. I'm not disagreeing with either of your opinions, but I think this particular post misses the point.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I wasn't really trying to argue with anyone about the silly math (as I said, it's not like I didn't agree with the fact that we don't see many Ridgelines out there!) I was merely pointing out that it was silly math. :D

Weird, I didn't even know you could remove your own posts. I'll have to keep that one in mind, considering how often I stick my e-foot in my e-mouth... :) :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have seen three in the Philadelphia area in the last 2 weeks. Before that only when I drove past a Honda dealer. Must be catching on! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Flymuck, you haven't scratched the surface yet. I have been pilleried (sp)
on many single axis golf sights under the name jjwin; therefore, speak your peace ( in a gentle sort of way) and maybe all will be forgiven. I know when one is close to the grim reaper, maybe 20 more years hopefully, one can get impatient with BS and try to get straight answers. This sight is a good source of stuff and none so far that I know is blowing blue smoke up our collectively behinds... :eek: :p :D Sorry for the racy thoughts.GET THEE BEHIND SATAN!!! :mad:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks, oldguy... I think... :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am in the LA area, and am frequently in the Malibu and Hollywood area. I admit, I rarely see a Ridgeline either. I can probably count on one hand the number I have seen in the last six months.

I don't know of anyone else who owns one. There is no one else in my neighborhood who owns one, and I rarely drive my Ridgeline so I suspect very few of my acquaintences know I own one either.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
hey, I'm an old guy!!! but i have no clue what he said, if that's any comfort!! :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I saw two on the weekend - very exciting! However I was not in mine so I could not wave madly like a fool.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I believe this is how oldguy's message would be translated into "young-un speak":

"Sometimes you don't have time to wait around for someone to figure out what your question is (or your point, in this case), because you're gonna die one day, and that day is one day closer with every passing day. So, get it out, make your point, be direct, and scr3w those who can't handle it or try to smoke you with bullsh!t responses. And, by the by, Satan, buzz off, I'm not ready to join my friends in hell yet."

Yep, oldguy sounds like definitely my kind of person; direct, unafraid, and to the point. Except I yammer on a bit more than he does. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks,
Flymuck, you hit the nail on the head,BUT MY WIFE DOESN'T THINK THAT YOUR ARE MORE AIRUDITE (SP) THEN I AM!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
oldguy, you are a piece of work! I mean that in a genuinely nice way. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
erudite

adjective

Having or showing profound knowledge and scholarship: learned, lettered, scholarly, wise1. See knowledge/ignorance.

Don't you find it ironic that you can't spell erudite, and I can? ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
flymuck said:
erudite

adjective

Having or showing profound knowledge and scholarship: learned, lettered, scholarly, wise1. See knowledge/ignorance.

Don't you find it ironic that you can't spell erudite, and I can? ;)
Spelling is definitely not oldguy's forte, but I love him anyways. He reminds me of my grandfather, who was a genuine spitfire in his own right. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not to worry. Enjoy being original, for a while. I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. This is a great truck, and it will take off.

I've owned several first year production cars and in each case, I struggled with the novelty of being original and worrying that no one wanted what I thought was a great vehicle.

Porsche 968 - Never saw many of these, and they never sold many. Great car though. I still have it.
Toyota Sequoia - Saw a lot of these after about six months. Underpowered, low visibility, a seat folding system that is very poorly designed, and a turning radius of the Titanic. Yet they are now everywhere.
Cadillac STS - Saw a lot of these.
Porsche Cayenne S - Didn't see another one of these for three months after purchase. Now they are everywhere. This was after Porsche introduced the V-6 version for a much lesser price. Then, I began to see many more S models.
Ridgeline RTL - I have only seen three others. However, I get a lot of comments from people saying "that's my next truck". In fact, I never received as many comments on my Cayenne. Especially when you pull up to the golf course and pull your clubs out of the in-bed trunk!

What appears to be holding back initial sales is that there is no "base" Ridgeline in a relative sense. You get a lot of truck for what you pay for, but you can't get a stripped-down beer-can model.

Enjoy an excellent vehicle. I know I am, and this is the first Honda I've ever owned. I believe soon, you will see them everywhere.

:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts