Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove one a few weeks ago... but they refused to deal cuz each dealer in Alberta only gets 2 ridge's per month until 2006. Everyone is paying full MSRP....I will wait until next year.... I saw my first add that offered 500 less than MSRP...atleast its a start..ha ;) by the way, she drove like a dream and power to spare. Wife and kids loved it and really want me to buy....I currently have a 2003 CRV EX and 2004 Oddy...gonna drop the CRV cuz its a girly truck with no power. :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
You have more restraint that we had. Ours was a special order to get the NAV and the month wait about did me in. We're glad we got it before summer and a large part of our reason was so we could have it for our trip to Canada. We thoroughly enjoyed the smooth ride.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I went out to Carter Honda in Vancouver to pick up mine. I saved more than enough to cover the cost of the trip. The deal was good enough that I could have brought my two sons with me and we could have golfed our way back through the Rockies if the truck had of arrived before school started. I drove back to Edmonton in 11.5 hrs door to door stopping once for fuel on the otherside of Blue River. (70 L). I put another 70 L in when I got home.

Red Deer was also in the running for the deal and I hear that the price has softened in Calgary of late (someone posted on another Ridge forum a better price than mine).

The stealers in Edmonton are full of it. I emailed 50 Honda Dealers in Western Canada and went with the best price.

Red ROCs

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought mine in Edmonton in April. Yep had to pay full MSRP. I have no regrets. I followed the vehicle from concept to production and had my name on a waiting list. It is a great ride. I'm looking forward to our first snow to give the Ridge a real work out. We came pretty close to having white stuff last night. I say take the plunge now!....Best of luck on your dealing.

Gary in St Albert
2006 Ridgeline
2004 Element
2005 BMW F650GS (looks best in the back of the Ridgeline)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey....nice to hear from fellow Edmontonians...Hey GaryP.... I am GaryL in St Albert also...I bet yours is silver..cuz I see that one in Walmart once in awhile and a I stand there and drool.....ha ;) I know some dealers are full of it but I will wait and maybe...just maybe they will have WHITE next year. My second choice is SILVER. :p

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well Silver is the color of second place.........wait for it.....she'll be comin round the mountain soon.

Red ROC's

·
Registered
105 Posts
There are two silver Ridgeline's here. One of the Hole's have one. I don't think they shop at Walmart so I suspect you saw mine. I plan to put a remote Clifford alarm, Stainless nerf bars and a tonneau of some kind before winter really hits. I bought my Ridgeline at Yellowhead Honda. They will deal a little on the undercoat and the extended warranty. There is another local dealer I can tell you my private horror story.

I get quizzed about the truck or nearly run off the road by the curious on a regular basis. The Ridge is still a rare bird here.

Gary

[email protected]

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've seen a black up the block from me and a green in the area. My red makes at least 3 in the University area alone. I know of another black in Mornville. If they have been processing two a month since say May...4 dealers X 2 Ridges X 6 months inclusive. Because as they say....Oh!!! You can't get one...They are all presold....we will take a deposit that's the only way = B.S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The area dealers have bben receiving more than 2 per month. I have bben at the local dealer when they received 5 or 6 on a single truck. This summer they were all presold, but in the last week I have driven by Yellowhead and Alberta Honda and both have 5 or 6 on the lot. You should also be alble to do better (now) than $500 off of MSRP.

After much thought, I decided to go with the EX L Navi, so I am impatiently waiting.... another week or ten days to go..... :rolleyes:

Soon to be a ROC instead of a wanabee...

·
Registered
346 Posts
My deal was made in late July..$1900 off MSRP. The latest I saw was about $2700 off...can't verify that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wannabe,

Counted 9 sitting on the lot at my dealership here in Calgary with another sitting in the showroom (1 blue, 2 silver, 3 green and 4 black, nada red). Only 2 of them had SOLD stickers on them. I got to think that as winter approaches and year end draws near, they would rather move them then scrape ice and snow off of them!

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts