Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were a lot modifications done to the Ridgelines at the meet. Folks spent a good chunk of change and put some thought and effort into them and I thought I would mention a few that to me had the most "wow" factor.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Geotech's lift kit - I walked up on his truck in the garage at the meet and didn't even realize that it was a RL given how much higher it was than the RL sitting next to it. The pictures he and others have posted don't do it justice. It really changes the look of the truck.

I will mention as a disclaimer that Honda does not recommend this modification.

Moosepond's entire truck - The white rims IMHO were a knockout. The roof rack with basket and tire really set the whole theme off. I was really impressed. I kinda hinted at dinner on Saturday night that I didn't want to drive because I was tired from the previous night's 3 am stint in the parking garage and he took the bait. I didn't notice a bit of wind noise from the tire or basket while riding in the back seat. He mentioned that the entire rig was 7' tall with basket and tire mounted. I'd add this to my RL in a second to complete my pseudo "safari" look but alas... My garage door opening is 3" too stinkin' short for it to make it in the door. :( I wonder how tall it is with just the basket?

If you have a modification of note that you would like to add, please feel free to contribute! :)

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Moosepond's truck was one of my favorite trucks there. hehehe, I also jumped at the chance to catch a ride with him. My second vote goes to RidgeTrotter. His wood & metal dash covers worked VERY well.

ChrisM's truck gets my vote for most interior lights/gizmos.

I don't remember seeing any RTX's there. I was looking for other grey wheel owners and think only my bastardized RTX wheels were the only ones there.

A lot more people had the chrome bumper accents than I thought there would be. a nice surprise for sure.

How many people were there with 5S Dude's sills? I saw two sets besides mine (Moosepond and jpphoto) We should have had all sills' members open their doors so everyone could have gotten at least one look.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Moosepond's truck was one of my favorite trucks there. hehehe, I also jumped at the chance to catch a ride with him. My second vote goes to RidgeTrotter. His wood & metal dash covers worked VERY well.
I was also impressed with RidgeTrotter's (Pete) truck. Probably the most mods of anyone in attendance. All the extra chrome really set off the green.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Did anyone take any photos of RidgeTrotter's truck?

I seen photos of Mooseponds truck and agree he did a fine job with his mods.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
I am not sure if there are a lot of photos of individuals trucks. There was so much to see and people to talk to, there was no time to closely examine the trucks in the daylight. But there was plenty of looking/discussion with a beverage in one hand.

·
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I seen photos of Mooseponds truck and agree he did a fine job with his mods.

I looked in my pictures but I don't seem to have one. He did an awesome job on his dash. He had a combination of the metal and wood overlays on his dashboard. It doesn't sound like it would look right but he nailed it in his combination of the two. His other modifications were sweet as well. I have to give it to him for his ingenuity in modifying his RL to suit his physical challenges. There is a pic of his truck in the photo thread. His is the one with the trailer. There is a lot of ingenuity in the trailer as well.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
He never did get into the lineups due to his scotter trailer being attached. I found this one shot that shows his grill. His truck was really sharp, everything looked professional, even his trailer. On top of all that, RidgeTrotter is a super guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
But there was plenty of looking/discussion with a beverage in one hand.
Yeah, I have a hard time taking photos with one hand too! :D

I looked in my pictures but I don't seem to have one. He did an awesome job on his dash. He had a combination of the metal and wood overlays on his dashboard. It doesn't sound like it would look right but he nailed it in his combination of the two. His other modifications were sweet as well. I have to give it to him for his ingenuity in modifying his RL to suit his physical challenges. There is a pic of his truck in the photo thread. His is the one with the trailer. There is a lot of ingenuity in the trailer as well.
I've seen another member's (63Tbird) dashboard mod done the same way. Looks real good. I'll look again in the photo thread again. Thanks.

He never did get into the lineups due to his scotter trailer being attached. I found this one shot that shows his grill. His truck was really sharp, everything looked professional, even his trailer. On top of all that, RidgeTrotter is a super guy.
Thanks, 25YHO. I appreciate the photo. Nice looking grill.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Here's Ridgetrotter and his truck the eigth in line from the closest Ridgeline. Someone out there has a better side pic of R T's truck.
Ridgetrotter walking in front of his truck

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I kept thinking I took pictures of all the great vehicles, I know I looked at all of them, ridgetrotters was great, I enjoyed taking with him so much I didn't take any pictures, MikeT also distracted me from some pictures as we shot pictures of each other taking pictures.

I was still impressed the most with mooseponds white truck. how many great vehicles has rusting plastic bumper :eek: I think it was from grinding steel that go under the bumper guard - the picture of the rust is in the picture section.

I think chrism would have helped anyone with any mod he has done, if it were not for the beer distraction.

can any beleive the 600+ pictures posted so far - all of my postings are 8 megapixal and can be downloaded for free.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Ridgetrotter walking in front of his truck

Great shot of a super mod on the RL. I can not think of another mod that could be done other than jack it up. Not only is this a great mod, Pete is a super guy, we will be getting togeather as soon as he gets back home.:cool:

·
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great shot of a super mod on the RL. I can not think of another mod that could be done other than jack it up. Not only is this a great mod, Pete is a super guy, we will be getting togeather as soon as he gets back home.:cool:
I wish I lived closer to you guys. I really enjoyed the conversations that I had with everyone.

You know, meets are a funny thing. You get there and really don't know what to expect. You don't know a person other than by what they post and you can't hear the way that they put things. The internet in a big way ruins the real people experience. I found that everyone there was totally enjoyable no matter what the age or background. I'd drive back tomorrow to do it all again. I guess this is why this is my second meet. I look forward to the next one if it isn't too far away.

I hope that there are more repeat attendees next year. I know that some of the people that came last year that didn't this year didn't come because of timing, distance and vacations, etc, not because they didn't have a good time the first time around.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I wish I lived closer to you guys. I really enjoyed the conversations that I had with everyone.

You know, meets are a funny thing. You get there and really don't know what to expect. You don't know a person other than by what they post and you can't hear the way that they put things. The internet in a big way ruins the real people experience. I found that everyone there was totally enjoyable no matter what the age or background. I'd drive back tomorrow to do it all again. I guess this is why this is my second meet. I look forward to the next one if it isn't too far away.

I hope that there are more repeat attendees next year. I know that some of the people that came last year that didn't this year didn't come because of timing, distance and vacations, etc, not because they didn't have a good time the first time around.

Well said, seems like that is what it is all about! Thanks for the post!:)

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
I'll make sure to rub-it-in-good to the New Orleans group this coming Saturday. ;)

·
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll make sure to rub-it-in-good to the New Orleans group this coming Saturday. ;)

I'd show up in New Orleans this weekend if the wife wasn't soooo pregnant. Twice in 2 weeks would be too much for her. I'd never be allowed to come by myself.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
I'd show up in New Orleans this weekend if the wife wasn't soooo pregnant. Twice in 2 weeks would be too much for her. I'd never be allowed to come by myself.
Plus that's 800 miles each way. Next thing I know, MoosePond shows up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts