Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Moosepond's entire truck - The white rims IMHO were a knockout. The roof rack with basket and tire really set the whole theme off. I was really impressed. I kinda hinted at dinner on Saturday night that I didn't want to drive because I was tired from the previous night's 3 am stint in the parking garage and he took the bait. I didn't notice a bit of wind noise from the tire or basket while riding in the back seat. He mentioned that the entire rig was 7' tall with basket and tire mounted. I'd add this to my RL in a second to complete my pseudo "safari" look but alas... My garage door opening is 3" too stinkin' short for it to make it in the door. :( I wonder how tall it is with just the basket?
Chris, thanks for the kind comments. It's only 6'7" (79") tall with just the cargo basket so you should be in good shape for getting it into your garage. btw, while there's no noticeable increase in wind noise that's not the case when you have the moonroof open, then it's almost deafening! However, I view the moonroof as mostly a way to get more light into the cabin and rarely open it except in the "tilt" position for added ventilation when my truck is parked, so for me it's not really a problem.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Plus that's 800 miles each way. Next thing I know, MoosePond shows up.
Nah, after 2,976 miles in one week I've about had it for road trips for awhile (although we are heading to VT on Friday night and then we're driving down to Kiawah Island, SC, next Friday morning for a little family gathering to celebrate my brother-in-law's 70th birthday). :D

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I was really impressed with Pete's (RidgeTrotter) truck and trailer combo. Really well thought out and executed, plus he's one heckuva guy and an inspiration to all of his fellow ROCers. He's absolute proof that when life hands you lemons you should make lemonade!

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I was really impressed with Pete's (RidgeTrotter) truck and trailer combo. Really well thought out and executed, plus he's one heckuva guy and an inspiration to all of his fellow ROCers. He's absolute proof that when life hands you lemons you should make lemonade!
Well spoken, I concur with every word. BTW, Pete is not to far from me and I anticipate seeing him every now and then.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's true. Ridge Trotter is probably one of the nicest fellas you could ever meet. He had a bad stroke several years ago that left him somewhat physically challenged, but he has more of a positive attitude than most people I know. He was told at the time that he would never walk again and would be limited to a wheel chair, but he was determined to walk again, and with the help of physical therapy, he gets around fairly well. I had the priviledge of talking with him for quite a while during beverage time Saturday night, and I enjoyed our conversation very much. What a nice guy and truly an inspiration to us all. Oh yeah, his RL looked pretty darn sharp too.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Sounds to that the RL of the month should make a comeback... RidgeTrotter RL.
I agree - his is definately ROC of the month - so is MoosePonds. I loved the color coordination.

Tmac - here are 2 good nominations for ROC truck of the month.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Great choices!! Let's hear it for RidgeTrotter for the best truck mod at the St. Louis event, and Moose Pond for the most miles traveled. These are both super people and I am proud I got to meet them.:) BTW, MoosePond is my choice for marathon man of the year!!:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just got home from St. Louis Sat. Nite 8/18 as I had to make a side trip to my ex hometown to visit a friend who had a stroke a week or so ago and was scared to death and thought his life was over. So imagine my surprise when I logged on to the ROC and read all of these way to flattering remarks about me and my Ridgeline and my Scoota-Trailer. Folks, as far as the stroke is concerned, I just wanted my life back and any of you would have done the same. As far as my Ridgeline is concerned, I got all of my ideas and where to buy mods right here on the ROC. I happened upon the Scoota-Trailer with a Google search and the rest as they say, is history. But I do thank all of you for your kind words.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Great choices!! Let's hear it for RidgeTrotter for the best truck mod at the St. Louis event, and Moose Pond for the most miles traveled. These are both super people and I am proud I got to meet them.:) BTW, MoosePond is my choice for marathon man of the year!!:cool:
Thanks Duncan; however, my August "marathon" is hardly finished. Just added about another 400 or so going to Vermont this past weekend, then it'll be 1,800 or so miles going to Kiawah Island, SC, this coming weekend and 300 or so to Southampton, Long Island, the following weekend. My total for the month of August should be just under 6,000 miles! :eek:

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I just got home from St. Louis Sat. Nite 8/18 as I had to make a side trip to my ex hometown to visit a friend who had a stroke a week or so ago and was scared to death and thought his life was over.
Welcome home Pete! You're an inspiration to us all and your advocacy for others who've suffered strokes is commendable. My wife is a 7+ year breast cancer survivor (who, fortunately, is 100% cancer-free and will be going off her last anti-cancer medication next month) and she has "counseled" many other women as her way of giving back a bit for her good fortune (her cancer was the smallest they've ever discovered at our local hospital, smaller than a BB but it had already spread to 7 lymph nodes). Keep up the good work and we're all looking forward to seeing you again at future ROC outings.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Pete, I think you were more popular than Gary! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
When Pete was parking his trailer in the garage about 3-4 ROC'ers where walking away from him. I asked the group if Pete needed a hand parking his trailer.... they said no.. Pete had just about beaten them off with his cane... and he could handle the trailer. :eek: As Pete had his trailer unhitched and was pushing it into the parking spot I walked up and did not take no for an answer and helped push his trailer into position.

A short discussion with Pete... I asked Pete what his last name was?? Yep I was correct in my assumption.... It was German!!! Just like my dad and my blood is 50% of it... stuborn German can do attitude.

When Pete asked about the meet and going... he did not want to be the lead foot dragging along. Just the opposite occured at the meet, he was the happy foot that inspired everyone!!

Kudos to you Pete..... *(grabs beer out of swimming pool - cheers)*

:D

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Kudos to you Pete..... *(grabs beer out of swimming pool - cheers)*:D
Moves Raz out of the way then grabs beer from swimming pool.:cool: Bothe Raz and RidgeTrotter had the right idea, Nothing like a little ice and beer when it is hot!!:)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Absolutely!! Great call.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you guys don't quit with all the kind words, my hat & glasses are not even going to come close to fitting. I have done nothing any of you would not have done under the same circumstances. But I surely hope that none of you have to find out. Thanks again for all the kind words!

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
If you guys don't quit with all the kind words, my hat & glasses are not even going to come close to fitting. I have done nothing any of you would not have done under the same circumstances. But I surely hope that none of you have to find out. Thanks again for all the kind words!
You are the man.:)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts