Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this problem before after receiving my car for repair after an accident. I drive about 45min-to an hour, one way to school and again back home, and the road I take has long, sweeping turns where this problem is very noticeable. When I brought the vehicle back last time and brought this problem to their attention, they did a general service on it that included power steering fluid replacement/fill up; doing this fixed the steering for a while. I've watched several shows and seen that when vehicles have "notchiness" in the steering, it's power-steering related. The car has about 126k miles on it but is not close to another due service. The feeling is like the steering is somewhat slack for 1/8-to-1/4 inch in rotation from center in both directions, then I'm met with resistance that is a bit difficult to push past to make a sharper corner, or pull back to straighten out. I've tested at slower speeds, but it doesn't show up doing city driving--just highway driving. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if you were able to have it fixed in the long term (over 6 months to a year). The repair was made back in October 2013 (last year), so it's been doing fine since then until yesterday.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My Ridge is fine so far, but my 06 Tacoma had the same problem. Two different shops (one a toyo dealer) said it was the rack. Replaced it with aftermarket faile in 4 mnths. Shortly after I had me intermediate steering shaft replaced and that fixed it. Traded the toyo for a ridge, happy day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts