Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may sound backwards to many folks, but I don't allow myself to get too worked up about any vehicle until the numbers are right.

About 13 years ago I decided to take a break from my regular line of work and I went and sold cars for 6 months. If that experience taught me anything, it's that dealers love to use emotion to get you to buy a vehicle. That way they can get you to pay more. (This was the case where I worked.)

So, when I do the whole buying process, I try to stay very grounded so that I can negociate without emotions.

Now that the process is over, and everything seems in place...

This truck is fantastic! :D

I considered the Tacoma in my shopping process, but to be honest, I didn't even bother to drive one. When I compared the standard features of the Ridgeline with the Toyota, the Ridgeline just had so much more to offer that the Tacoma didn't have. There's another personal reason I'll explain next.

I would not even consider the Nissan Frontier. My family has driven Nissans since 1974, until recently. In the last few years Nissan quality has gone way down hill. Top that off with the local service department being the most horrible place I've ever been and that kills anything from Nissan for me. (Which hurt the Tacoma because Toyota used similar inside colors of Nissans in their truck.)

In the end, Honda just got it right. You can't please all the people all of the time, so there are going to be those that have issues with the Ridgeline. But in my book, Honda studied what most folks use trucks for, and they built it. Add in Honda quality and you have a winner.

Now...I've had to hold that in for so long. I feel much better. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Everybody on thre ROC says that when someone new to the site picks ththe color of their own vehicle. I'm going to be different, Glad you bought a ridgeline rather than some other piece of truck! Welcome to the bond! :D

L

·
0 Posts
Toobuku said:
Everybody on thre ROC says that when someone new to the site picks ththe color of their own vehicle. I'm going to be different, Glad you bought a ridgeline rather than some other piece of truck! Welcome to the bond! :D
Nicely said Too. I like that. Welomce to the bond. Cool!!

Kellcut said:
Congratulations on your new Ridgeline!
I must say, you definitely got the best color[UNQUOTE]

Kellcut. We need to talk girlfriend. ;) :D :p

·
Registered
191 Posts
I new and just got my Ridgeline 2 weeks ago, but had to go through a Toyota
2001 Highlander to a 2005 2wd Toyota 4runner (Though I was going to get something with a bathroom to tow) to this beautiful silver rtl. We, my wife and I live in Marion, NC, 30 miles east of Asheville off I40 and are looking for a place in Boone or Blowing Rock, NC for the summer. Right now its 91* in Marion and 72 to 75 in Boone and Blowing Rock. Thats the logic for that, but I thought I would need a truck. Wife drives a 2001 Lexus and really did not go for the idea. I persisted and now she loves it, because it rides GREAT. If
you follow hwy 221 North of I40 it winds into the mountains and the driving characteristics of the Ridgeline make it easier and swifter than anything I have ever driven. OOPS, I use to have a 1990 Acura Integera 3 door that could minuver.

Sorry for the rant, BUT, I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!! :p

Oh, by the way, on a post last week, someone said that their Ridgeline was
quiet and you only could hear road noise. While going up hill, I hear the engine reving to 2.5 or 3k rpm not loud but noticeable. Any thoughts? Only have 700 miles on it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Bienvinedos amigo!!!
Not only did you make the best decision (besides the color...), you'll find this site to be invaluable and the folks here are a riot.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
it's normal to hear the engine roar to life when the tranny downshifts and the rpm's go up!!! that is part of the appeal to this truck "it roars, but in a decent manner".

Welcome to ROC land! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts