Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Lol mine arrived in the mail Friday, in Honda鈥檚 defense most people probably aren鈥檛 going to troubleshoot their own car these days. The condensed version has the very basic material.

Registered
??? Do you have to pay extra for an owner's manual now, or do they just send it once you buy the pickup, or...?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
??? Do you have to pay extra for an owner's manual now, or do they just send it once you buy the pickup, or...?
I requested one from the Honda owners website. It鈥檚 my understanding that it鈥檚 free for the first 6 months???
Someone might be able to confirm this. Not sure after that...

Registered
You need to request it within six months of purchasing your truck if you want it for free. The good news is that you can always download the pdf version for free, and it is searchable.

The paper copy can be nice to keep in the garage if you need to look something up with greasy hands, and can also make for some light reading if the power goes out.

Registered
Yep, it is a lot of information, it would have been wonderful if Honda had broken it down into sections depending on model, rather than the complicated jumble where everything is all mixed together causing a person to waste a lot of time sifting through gobs of information trying to seperate what is relevant to your model, and what isn't?

Bill

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The one question I had when I brought my Ridgeline home that I think should have been included in the smaller manual included w the truck is...
鈥淗ow to start the truck if your key 馃攽 Fob battery 馃攱 dies 馃拃?鈥
That should have been included with every vehicle manual! 馃
Not sure what they were thinking leaving that page out...

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Is it available in a PDF format? Just download it to an IPad....much lighter to carry and easier to search for what you're looking for!
I understand that. And I agree the pdf version is great. I鈥檓 just saying that if I had not found this forum and asked that question a couple weeks ago. I may not know what to do in the even the battery fob died, and that one topic is something that should have been included in even the basic manual...
I wouldn鈥檛 have even known about the pdf version without this site! I bet most people are not aware of it... 馃榿
There is a wealthy of information on this forum and glad to have found it. 馃憤馃徎

Registered

Registered
Mine took 2 weeks, and totally agree I would love to have it broken down by model! Especially when it comes to the nav unit stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts