Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might have seen this commercial tonight on Sunday Night Football. It would be nice if Honda can come up with something this creative when the G2 RL hits the showrooms. You'd think it's just a matter of hiring the right agency.... or not??? I always wonder why some companies' ads are so much more effective than others'.
https://youtu.be/snyYZeZjUEk

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
No explosions? No motorcycle pulling a couch? Where is the rider with the chicken head?
And the lady wearing a two piece and a helmet....
It's all about being young and stupid. Or, more accurately, not knowing any better. For those of us who survived our youth, it's a beckoning call to go buy a Taco and be young and stupid again. Except I ain't buyin' it! :p

·
Registered
462 Posts
It's all about being young and stupid. Or, more accurately, not knowing any better. For those of us who survived our youth, it's a beckoning call to go buy a Taco and be young and stupid again. Except I ain't buyin' it! :p
No, that's NOT what these ads are about. These ads are appealing directly to the demographic that buys Tacomas, and Toyota will likely sell many more Tacomas because of them.

Too bad Honda has never been able to do anything like this, and it's unlikely Honda will market the Gen2 any differently than they did the Gen1. Of course, if Honda DID produce some ads aimed at the demographic that will buy a Gen2, they will show the truck being loaded up at Home Depot & Walmart--not much else--and Honda may then sell a couple more Gen2s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We went to Washougal, Washington this past July for outdoor national MX. As we went into the pits to see our favorite rider (Factory Honda's Trey Canard), I look over by the factory Honda rig and see this discontinued version…so they are still advertising to the crowd…subtle, but better than nothing.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
No, that's NOT what these ads are about. These ads are appealing directly to the demographic that buys Tacomas, and Toyota will likely sell many more Tacomas because of them.

Too bad Honda has never been able to do anything like this, and it's unlikely Honda will market the Gen2 any differently than they did the Gen1. Of course, if Honda DID produce some ads aimed at the demographic that will buy a Gen2, they will show the truck being loaded up at Home Depot & Walmart--not much else--and Honda may then sell a couple more Gen2s.
Exactly the Tacoma has it made, no push back from a quality builder. Honda make it way too easy!

Potential to the moon but always under deliver at least on the RL. They don't take it seriously enough to take that step forward to put a real budget together, real truck designers that don't take bull from other engineers that pull rank on insisting to put arm rest in a truck no console and walk away and think everything is good to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts