Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of the RL I've now traded in my Mountaineer and my Escape (at a loss) so that my wife of 21 years tomorrow can drive a Honda Pilot.
Nice vehicle, esp the DVD.

MJ

Maybe I'll hack the headrests in my RL. Already replaced the speakers...

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Well Doc, looks like there will be year #22! Good move to get her into a Pilot. We considered it but ended up with an Ody for the 'family' car. But I was impressed with the Pilot.

Hope you guys like it!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Docmwj said:
Because of the RL I've now traded in my Mountaineer and my Escape (at a loss) so that my wife of 21 years tomorrow can drive a Honda Pilot.
Nice vehicle, esp the DVD.

MJ

Maybe I'll hack the headrests in my RL. Already replaced the speakers...
Docmjw- Have you already bought the Pilot? If not give me a PM or e-mail me and I can get you a price. I work for South Tacoma Honda.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
My wife LOVES her Pilot. I'm also very impressed with it. It is a first year model which now has 57K miles on it without a single issue other than the squeaky driver's seat.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Docmwj said:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! And, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Our 20th is in 2 yrs....come to think about it, that'll be about the time for a new car for her, too. Wonder what Honda will have out then???

·
Registered
19 Posts
[
Maybe I'll hack the headrests in my RL. Already replaced the speakers...[/QUOTE]
What kind of speakers did you put in? Did you do it yourself? Has the sound quality improved?
I don't like the headrests either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put in the infinity speakers as per Cisco's (sp, sorry about that) thread.
I think they sound better. Was easy to do but involved some drilling into the door metal. See the excellent speaker thread for full details...mj

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Yeah, if I didn't get the Ridge and wanted to stick with a smaller car, I would've liked that new civic! I sold my '98 civic HX after buying the truck, and that thing got close to 40 mpg and was still in great shape with 100K on it.

I know she's gonna want a larger car, though. She loves her Camry ('98 w/165K miles). We'll probably look at Acura. I like the TL, but she'll probably think that's just a little small. I think she'd like to have the Ridge, but I'm not giving "mine" up, and I can't imagine having two trucks! We'll also see what the Accord is like in a couple years. I also need to research the Acura RL.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would apologize for hijacking this thread, but it was really just an open discussion in the first place. :) I've always liked the look of the Civic, way back to the early 90's models. I just wish it was bigger and had more power. Well, what I *really* wish was that they made an Accord with the exact same look as the Civic. That's what I'm really trying to get at. Not that there's anything wrong with the styling of the Accord (that was the last vehicle before the RL), but I've always had a soft spot for the Civic but, regretably, have never bought one because it's just too small and underpowered.

I Googled the 06 version, and it does look REALLY slick. Like a half-arrowhead zooming down the freeway. Oh, the rice racer kiddies are going to have fun with this one! :)

L

·
0 Posts
Ridge said:
Yep, we're thinking the same thing. The new Civic Si coupe is supposed to be one mean machine.
I saw it at the Auto Show when my ex-dealer was there. It is incredible.

·
Registered
82 Posts
shovelhd said:
My wife LOVES her Pilot. I'm also very impressed with it. It is a first year model which now has 57K miles on it without a single issue other than the squeaky driver's seat.
We bought an '03 Pilot as well. Figured it would be a good cross between and Ody and a 4WD truck.

We loved the Pilot. Still do, but we still got the Ody and the truck...

:D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
We both need AWD vehicles, or we may have ended up with the same set as you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4 kids from 18 down to 11 going a million different directions, all with their hair on fire...We needed an SUV and the CRV as too small.
Thought hard about some of the domestics because of the deals going on now, but, as I said "look what the Ridge and Honda has done to my brain"
My sister (Ody, Accord) "What took you so long?" ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts