Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems more and more devices are being developed for smart phones and OBDII monitoring.

For instance, we have:
Torque Pro with an inexpensive ELM 327 adapter.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en
Amazon.com: Latest Version V2.1 Super MINI ELM327 Bluetooth OBD/OBD2 ELM 327 Multi-Language 12Kinds Works ON Android Torque/PC: Automotive

OBDLink which can use Torque Pro or its own application:
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9S71LW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

UltraGauge now has an app in the Play Store. They sell a bluetooth device which connects to the OBDII connector. I am not sure if this is a dedicated device/app or if the app will work with a generic ELM327 adapter or something like the OBDLink adapter.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ultragauge.ultragauge&hl=en
UltraGauge Blue OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

I used to use a proprietary Garmin device which put engine info on my Garmin display. I retired that a while back.

I also tried the UltraGauge device, but sold that after a while.

I currently use Torque Pro as well as the OBDLink device and application. Torque Pro works well with either the generic ELM327 adapter or the OBDLink adapter.

I don't know if Scan Gauge has a dedicated app/bluetooth device or not. I haven't seen anything on the Play Store in that regard as far as apps go.

But I bet there are more out there than I've noticed.

Anyone else using these type devices/apps and have something I haven't listed above?

I'm going to install the UltraGauge app and see if I can make it work with my adapters.

·
Super Moderator
22,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't seen that one before. Will the app work with a generic ELM327 BT adapter? Or does it require the dedicated BT adapter?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
For those that don't know, the ELM327 has a wifi version that will work with the iPhone

·
Super Moderator
22,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, then I suspect it is similar to the UltraGauge in that respect, although I haven't tried the UG app yet.

I got an app that works specifically with the OBDLink device listed above. But the OBDLink device (bluetooth adapter) itself will work with Torque Pro. That may well be true of most/all these BT devices. But the dedicated apps are likely limited to working with the specific device.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
that Ultragauge looks pretty good. I had a scangauge II but broke it. It did alot of the same things but had no gui interface like this.

I think I may need to add this to my cart!

·
Super Moderator
22,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, that's similar to the Elm 327 adapter I linked in the OP. I have 3 of those and they seem to work well with Torque Pro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts