Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a 2022 Ridgeline RTL. As part of my desire to check actual fuel economy - not trusting much the onboard computer results - I check the odometer accuracy using a GPS odometer app. Doing this with the new RTL when driven exactly 100.0 miles on the RTL’s odometer, the GPS result was 100.16 miles resulting in an error of only -0.16%. Quite accurate in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
288 Posts
So you're saying shown miles driven was pretty accurate. I can understand that.

However, don't expect the displayed mpg to be accurate with the actuals calculated after a fill up.

I started noticing consistent differences in displayed vs actual mpg and began tracking to see if the computer might "learn" as time passed.

It looked good for a while, until a recent road trip. The 23.5 mpg was my outbound journey, with a little city driving on both ends. The 29.1 mpg was all freeway driving with a tail wind. YMMV...
Font Material property Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Deep Scarlet Pearl - 2017 RTL-T Forest Mist Green
33 Posts
So you're saying shown miles driven was pretty accurate. I can understand that.

However, don't expect the displayed mpg to be accurate with the actuals calculated after a fill up.

I started noticing consistent differences in displayed vs actual mpg and began tracking to see if the computer might "learn" as time passed.

It looked good for a while, until a recent road trip. The 23.5 mpg was my outbound journey, with a little city driving on both ends. The 29.1 mpg was all freeway driving with a tail wind. YMMV...
View attachment 419762
Good info to see and compare. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts