Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is likely the dumbest question ever, but I can't seem to find my answer anywhere. They are probably called something...but I don't know what.

On the oem bed cover, what are the little holes with the flap that covers them toward the back/tailgate. There is one on each side.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
On the oem bed cover, what are the little holes with the flap that covers them toward the back/tailgate. There is one on each side.
This from my 2006 RTL.
Right side is flap mount covering the built in lock. The left side is cosmetic only to match the right side.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I read the question wrong earlier I thought wanted to know what they were called. I don't know some kind of cover but that's the part.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love this forum. Thanks for the responses. I'm going to check them out when I get home. Looked at the right side one and didn't think I saw a lock. If there is, I don't know that I have a key. 07 RTL

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Looked at the right side one and didn't think I saw a lock. If there is, I don't know that I have a key. 07 RTL
Truth be told, the OEM Honda lock in the tonneau cover is a Rube Goldberg POS. More trouble than they are worth.

I installed a pop n lock in the tailgate for a small measure of security.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, there is spot for the lock on the right side, but no lock. Doesnt sound like its worth getting? Skip it and go to the pop n lock? Or both? If I were to get both, would the bed be completely locked up? Common sense tells me yes, but if the bed cover lock is garbage, maybe not?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Skip it and go to the pop n lock? Or both? If I were to get both, would the bed be completely locked up? Common sense tells me yes, but if the bed cover lock is garbage, maybe not?
I use the pop n lock to lock the tailgate and secured the tonneau cover with the two inside levers.

TADAA! No access to the bed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea, there is spot for the lock on the right side, but no lock. Doesnt sound like its worth getting? Skip it and go to the pop n lock? Or both? If I were to get both, would the bed be completely locked up? Common sense tells me yes, but if the bed cover lock is garbage, maybe not?
-----------------------------------
PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
-----------------------------------
PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
The OEM Cover Tailgate lock is best described like a 1960s storm door lock. It would lock you out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine lock does not turn anymore. I may flood it with WD40 to see if that helps but most likely going with the pop n lock.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts