Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The title is wrong, should read off my 08

I traded the Ridge for a 2016 Pilot. I forgot I had this in my shed. The tailgate brackets were left on the truck during trade. From what I've heard the brackets cost around $25.00. Asking $100.00 + shipping, for the extender.

PM if interested, Thanks, John

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hi, Haven't had a chance to visit the site for a very long time......just been browsing for the last hour, man its been a longggggg time!!! Would this fit an 07 ?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The beds are the same across the years

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I like that this stays compact to the tailgate when not being used (unlike the OEM version). However, how strong is this when mounted to the composite tailgate only? The OEM version attaches in the bed and hangs over the tailgate. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I like that this stays compact to the tailgate when not being used (unlike the OEM version). However, how strong is this when mounted to the composite tailgate only? The OEM version attaches in the bed and hangs over the tailgate. Anyone have any experience with this?
That is one ugly design for a bed extender, who would want those brackets or the extender attached to the tailgate like that.:act060:
Do yourself a favor and stick with the OEM!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
That is one ugly design for a bed extender, who would want those brackets or the extender attached to the tailgate like that.:act060:
Do yourself a favor and stick with the OEM!
I personally have no need for a bed extender. But I can see where it might be convienent to have the bed extender available at all times without taking up bed space like the OEM one does. That was my only point. I think with it being mounted to a composite liner on the tailgate, it might be on the weak side when it comes to actually holding material in the bed.

·
Registered
558 Posts
But I can see where it might be convienent to have the bed extender available at all times without taking up bed space like the OEM one does.
How would you slide things into the bed with that monstrosity hooked to the tailgate?
The OEM bed extender is available at all times, and really doesn't take up any space. It can be secured on the tailgate, flipped over so the tailgate can close, or mounted near the cab. Always available and out of the way...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Looks like it comes off by pulling a couple pins. At which point the entire extender is off and play the low profile brackets are attached.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts