Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - it's been a while. Some a-hole keyed my '07 Ridgeline down to the metal (except on the bumper) three months after I started my lease. A 2" scratch on the front driver quarterpanel, a scratch from headlight to headlight along the front bumper, a 4" scratch over the front passenger side wheel, a 3" scratch on the front passenger door, two 5" scratches on the rear passenger door, and a nice 17" scratch on the rear passenger side quarter panel. It's now time to turn in the lease, but I'm thinking about buying it. I've got someone repainting the entire passenger side but still need to address the front bumper. It appears from the tightly cropped accessory pictures that the chrome trim set will completely cover the scratch on the front bumper, but I'm not to crazy about the rear trim pieces as I have the silver paint color and am not sure how it would look. Another option I was considering was the OEM "Front Lower Trim" which is basically a Honda brush guard (link below).

Does anyone have pictures of either this ("Front Lower Trim"/Brush guard):
http://www.keenanhondaparts.com/servlet/the-28/2006-dsh-2008-HONDA-RIDGELINE-FRONT/Detail

...or this (Chrome trim) from the front-end (preferrably silver, but doesn't matter)?
http://www.keenanhondaparts.com/servlet/the-268/2006-dsh-2008-HONDA-RIDGELINE-CHROME/Detail

I also like the new '09 front-end and have seen a few threads about how it's possible to order and mount it on an '07. I was just curious if there were any internet sites to order it from as opposed to acquiring at the dealership.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

- I

(PS - if anyone has a spare front bumper in silver for an '07 - I'm all ears! :act006: )

·
Registered
69 Posts
At $321.75 or $374.21, can't you just get a quality paint job of the parts at the same time as the rest of your truck?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duhhh... yeah. :act014:
Thought of that a few minutes after I hit the post.

Still interested in seeing pics though if anyone had any at hand.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hi all - it's been a while. Some a-hole keyed my '07 Ridgeline down to the metal (except on the bumper) three months after I started my lease. A 2" scratch on the front driver quarterpanel, a scratch from headlight to headlight along the front bumper, a 4" scratch over the front passenger side wheel, a 3" scratch on the front passenger door, two 5" scratches on the rear passenger door, and a nice 17" scratch on the rear passenger side quarter panel. It's now time to turn in the lease, but I'm thinking about buying it. I've got someone repainting the entire passenger side but still need to address the front bumper. It appears from the tightly cropped accessory pictures that the chrome trim set will completely cover the scratch on the front bumper, but I'm not to crazy about the rear trim pieces as I have the silver paint color and am not sure how it would look. Another option I was considering was the OEM "Front Lower Trim" which is basically a Honda brush guard (link below).

Does anyone have pictures of either this ("Front Lower Trim"/Brush guard):
http://www.keenanhondaparts.com/servlet/the-28/2006-dsh-2008-HONDA-RIDGELINE-FRONT/Detail

...or this (Chrome trim) from the front-end (preferrably silver, but doesn't matter)?
http://www.keenanhondaparts.com/servlet/the-268/2006-dsh-2008-HONDA-RIDGELINE-CHROME/Detail

I also like the new '09 front-end and have seen a few threads about how it's possible to order and mount it on an '07. I was just curious if there were any internet sites to order it from as opposed to acquiring at the dealership.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

- I

(PS - if anyone has a spare front bumper in silver for an '07 - I'm all ears! :act006: )
Hi johnnyi Hope these pictures help you, they are on my 07 Ridge, I put them on back in 07 since I like some chrome here and there.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Mike!

Thank you for posting those pics - they are exactly what I was hoping to see and they look very slick on your truck! I have the billet silver color and think they will look just as good on it, too.

I think I might go with those, a roof rack, and OEM trailer hitch, but they will have to wait until the truck gets repainted in a week or two. I'll post pics when I get them.

Thanks again!

- Isaac

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Issac..... Welcome back to the ROC.... If you like chrome it's the way to go and as you can see they hold up well too... There are a lot of great post here about anything Ridgeline... Not to cheat the dealer but they are way out of line on their pricing for extra mods so an OEM hitch can be found for a lot less, mine is from e-trailers and is made for the Ridge, put it on yourself and save some $$$...took me about an hour and that was only since I didn't have any help lifting up to bolt in. Have you seen H&A web, they have some good pricing also
on many OEM stuff.
Have some great fun with your Ridge.... I just got finished installing a redburl dash kit and it really changed the looks of my all grey interior..my post with pictures are on the thread "added some dash board decorations" do a search using that thread name....my post are 698, 707 and 708
Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the hitch info, too, Mike. I found one on eBay for $199 that comes with the complete wiring harness. I had put one on my old S-10 ZR2 myself and it's not that bad. I also visited H&A's site and read the install instructions for my '07 Ridgeline. Looks just as easy.

That money I save can go towards the paint job. :act018:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Thanks for the hitch info, too, Mike. I found one on eBay for $199 that comes with the complete wiring harness. I had put one on my old S-10 ZR2 myself and it's not that bad. I also visited H&A's site and read the install instructions for my '07 Ridgeline. Looks just as easy.

A tip when you install the hitch, put up the driver side first but only one bolt or even better if you can put the driver side up close but don't attach and then line up the center holes/bolts and put them in first then it all will line up....of course first remove bolts on each side and center ones too and leave all loose until they are all in and then tighten to torque specs if you can but really not needed. After using to tow first time check them all again. Have fun doing it, it is fun:act064: if you need any more info don't be shy since ROC is the information highway..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

Opps just made a comment about the hitch but on my post and not yours:act060:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

Check my post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts