Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gooday, fella's, and gals. Is it safe to assume, that the Honda hitch wiring kit, does, NOT, include a n electronic trailer brake control? I still need to add that unit, over and above the wiring kit? Thx

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,434 Posts
If you don't want to mess with all that wiring and don't want an awkward box hanging from somewhere on your dash, there's this new Autowbox controller that installs on the trailer. It also appears to come with a small wireless fob that you can use to control the gain.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought I share this. The earlier Ridgelines to my understanding does not have the factory electronic brake controller plug. They became standard somewhere in time from Honda. I have a 2009 RL with the standard factory installed connector.

The controller and the pigtail wiring were additional purchased items. The video was made to help others to locate the hard to find factory connector plug. I wrote a post elsewhere in the thread where the fuse box under the hood location was and locating the controller.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X6qNJ_FCR2E

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gooday, fella's, and gals. Is it safe to assume, that the Honda hitch wiring kit, does, NOT, include a n electronic trailer brake control? I still need to add that unit, over and above the wiring kit? Thx
yes you need seperate brake controller. you will also need a adapter for the harness under dash to plug in controller. The harness is tricky to find under dash. Videos on youtube show exactly where it is located. Just did mine today but for some reason have no power coming from harness under dash to brake controller. Not sure what is going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts