Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

Got a question regarding the OEM roof rack. As any of the owner here on the forum bought the Ridgeline without the rack to have it installed later on? Have you seen any difference in gas mileage or increase in the wind noise in the interior?

Thx :flyingace:q

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Only wind noise issues is with moon-roof open. It's definitely noticeable then; at least at higher speeds.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My 07 RL came with an OEM rack and I couldnt stand the wind noise. I took the cross bars off and it was a huge difference for me. If i ever need them it is very easy to put back on. I even had the black liner gasket to cover the slot where to position the bars where i want them. Not to bum you out but my truck was like quiet riding in a new BMW when i took them off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed a lot of extra noise with the moonroof open. I just slid the crossbars back and that quieted things down a lot.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I noticed a lot of extra noise with the moonroof open. I just slid the crossbars back and that quieted things down a lot.
Thanks for THAT tip! I didn't want to go to the hassle of taking cross-bars off (they are NOT that easy IMO), but never thought of just sliding them back. 'Will have to try that. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, when it snows out, and there is snow in the roof racks, it makes a weird noise. Once the snow blows off, it is back to being quiet!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I installed the Honda Roof Rack after I bought the truck, like most people do. I did the installation myself with using the video in the above thread. The installation was really easy. My only recommendation would be to buy a drummel or some other powered cutter. I did not use one, I used a metal manual saw, and it was brutal. Those pieces are thicker than they look and very strong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts