Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition (formerly 2006 Ridgeline)
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my 2021 Honda Ridgeline BE last Saturday. My negotiated price included the OEM Honda Tonneau Cover but my sales guy keeps saying it’s on back order with no due date. Are others hearing same thing? If so, might it have anything to do with the recent recall? What’s the scoop?

·
Administrator
19,659 Posts
Not related to the recall - that was sorted out a while back.

When I ordered my tonneau cover last month, I was told it might be a couple of weeks, but that Honda had some "reserve stock" they could send if I supplied my VIN. I did and it shipped out days later from College Hills Honda.

The manufacturer, Extang (a Truck Hero brand), is probably having trouble getting parts (and employees) like many other companies to satisfy demand and is running behind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2019 here, with OEM tonneau cover purchased in mid-2018. The parts for the recall have been ordered since October of last year. Still waiting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took delivery of my 2021 Honda Ridgeline BE last Saturday. My negotiated price included the OEM Honda Tonneau Cover but my sales guy keeps saying it’s on back order with no due date. Are others hearing same thing? If so, might it have anything to do with the recent recall? What’s the scoop?
I ordered one a week ago and was told the same thing. I got an update yesterday and they still had no idea when it would come in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know when/if you get an update?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my tonneau cover through the local Honda dealer in San Angelo, TX on April 14, 2021 and they tell me it is still on backorder and don't have a firm delivery date yet.

·
Registered
2021 black edition
82 Posts
What was the resolution on the OEM tonneau covers? I hadn't considered them due to the bubble issues.

·
Registered
2021 black edition
82 Posts
Mine is a month old now and no bubbles.
Do you think it is resolved, a hit or miss thing or maybe some unknown contributing factor?

I still haven't decided which cover to get. Originally it was diamondback or bust but there are soooo many choices.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update: 45 days after initial purchase and Jim White Honda of Maumee still can't tell me when I'll get my tonneau cover or other accessories. It's just not their problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just ordered one from College Hill Honda in Wooster, Ohio. 855 299 7244. $966 including shipping. They have a few in stock. Had to get my dealer to cut a check for the amount in my purchase deal. That was about $100 less. I'll take that up with them later on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Took delivery of my RTL-E about two weeks ago. Dealer says cover is on back order and has no idea when it might come in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
FWIW my dealer back in February wouldn't sell me the tonneau because of the recall. They were charging $1600CDN for it. Which, in hindsight, I'm glad that it was on stop sale because it would have been cheaper ordering it from the US and sending it to a package forwarding service. I ended up getting a LoPro instead.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-E
37 Posts
I'm joining this thread since I'm in the same boat. I'm the guy who started this thread about the bubbles if you care to read about my (and several others') months-long plight to get a non-defective tonneau. After learning directly from Extang that there was, in fact, a manufacturing issue, I asked my Honda dealer to order a FOURTH tonneau for me. This was on May 5th, so almost two months ago. At this point I just want my money back, and I asked Honda Customer care for a refund back in April. They called me one time, back on April 12, and I haven't heard from them since. My Honda case manager ignores my emails and calls. No one at Honda (Bernardi (where I bought it), Honda Customer Care, nor my local dealer) has simply acknowledged that there was a bubbling issue, apologized for all the hassle, and explained how they're dealing with it. I've never felt this abandoned by a company. I regret not taking advantage of my Amex purchase protection to get my $800 back-- it's too late now.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts