Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmm,... not feeling real good about this. Bernardi is where I ordered mine from in April. I'm thinking that I might need to see about getting a refund.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-E
35 Posts
Hmmm,... not feeling real good about this. Bernardi is where I ordered mine from in April. I'm thinking that I might need to see about getting a refund.
The issue is everywhere based on what I've gathered. What happened with me was I ordered it at the end of February and installed it on March 5. I didn't see the bubbles until March 27, and then I contacted Bernardi. They said I could exchange it under warranty with my local dealer, so that's what I did since way easier than shipping this monster back to Bernardi. My local dealer had a replacement tonneau in stock that they installed but bent up badly. They had a third one for me 2 days later that I installed in their parking lot. Seven days later it was bubbled. At that point I initiated a complaint with Honda Customer Care. Sick of the trial and error, I did my research and confirmed that Extang had been shipping defective units out the door. They said Honda should not have bad inventory on the shelves, so I asked my local dealer for the fourth tonneau back on May 5. And now I'm just out $800 while I wait on #4 while driving around with a bubbled one.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-E
35 Posts
Progress on the cover front. My cover arrived and is currently being installed by the dealer. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
Thanks. I'm having to rely on random internet strangers for updates since Honda has done ZERO to keep me updated on the situation. Do you have any info on whether the warranty clock starts over after the replacement is installed?

·
Administrator
19,520 Posts
I may be breaking the rules by advertising outside of the trading post, but in light of limited availability...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. I'm having to rely on random internet strangers for updates since Honda has done ZERO to keep me updated on the situation. Do you have any info on whether the warranty clock starts over after the replacement is installed?
Mine was an original for a new Ridgeline purchase. Took about 4-5 weeks after I took delivery of the truck.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,631 Posts
The warranty does not start over on a new one.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-E
35 Posts
The warranty does not start over on a new one.
Thanks. Although I didn't doubt you and I'm not the least bit surprised, while I had Honda Customer Care on the phone yesterday I asked about the warranty and they confirmed that the warranty does not restart with the delivery of the replacement. To me this is just straight up unethical since I'm losing months of warranty-protected time using the product I'll end up with. Right now I'm 5 months into the 12-month warranty and I have yet to enjoy a non-defective product.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL AWD, Obsidian Blue Pearl
20 Posts
Progress on the cover front. My cover arrived and is currently being installed by the dealer. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
That's good news

If it's not too late, ask them to reinstall the top rear tie down brackets on top of the tonneau brackets. Their instructions have them remove and replace them with the tonneau brackets.

My cover was factory installed and those tie downs were missing. I sure do miss them. I removed the lower ones and installed them on top of the tonneau brackets, then ordered two to replace the lower ones. They do not interfere with each other at all, so I'm not sure why they discard them.

Just an update: 45 days after initial purchase and Jim White Honda of Maumee still can't tell me when I'll get my tonneau cover or other accessories. It's just not their problem.
You should get your dealer to give you a refund and order one from College Hills Honda like @zroger73 mentioned in post #25.
Probably cheaper and free shipping, too. Pretty simple to install.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts