Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
timdebjake said:
Went To here and WOW was it pricey. This is with out any wiring or brackets needed, and no telling what else, came to $4160.26. Now looking at the Pioneer AVIC-N2 with voice.
AVIC-D1 is nice as well. its double din like the OEM unit (more or less) and has both a cd slot and a dvd slot so you dont have to take out the dvd to listen to a cd.

about a $1000 complete on Ebay

·
Registered
22 Posts
The d1 is the one I'm going after, but be careful buying one on ebay. Or, I should say, talk to an installer about the cost of installation. Some of the big retailers have the unit for $300 more than ebay, but have free installation, and you have someone to chase down if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I looked at getting the Nav but went with a portable unit as I do a lot of travel in Europe. Take a look at the TomTom GO700 it has a bluetooth link which lets you use it as hands free when linked to a Cell phone that has Bluetooth it will also doe\wnload traffic and weather reports for the GPS current location. It has a built in hard drive with all N-America maps installed and they seem to be very upto date.

www.tomtom.com

·
Registered
59 Posts
ozarkhawk said:
The d1 is the one I'm going after, but be careful buying one on ebay. Or, I should say, talk to an installer about the cost of installation. Some of the big retailers have the unit for $300 more than ebay, but have free installation, and you have someone to chase down if it doesn't work.

Well I always install myself but I agree with you on EBAY you do take a risk and you do have to be careful who you buy from.

If you have the money and want ZERO risk. I always suggest www.Crutchfield.com Great Company. My last 6 car stereos, My navi,sub,home stereo,speakers etc. etc. were bought from them over the years. Unmatched customer service.

They also include install kits and wire harness adaptors at no additional charge if they are available. (no ridge kit yet)

The New crutchfield site sucks though. should have left it alone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts