Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asked the dealer if they could install the oem tailgate lock on my 2019 RTL.

Their answer was that they can sell me the lock and parts but my vehicle is not set up
to install the OEM lock.

Is that correct or are they just blowing me off?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
HA HA HA.....they lied. Search for my posts and you'll find out how to do it. I installed the lock on a 2007 and if it fit that one, it will fit the 2019

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
They said the wiring is the issue so that I can use my fob to lock and unlock.
I had the dealer put the lock on my 2019 RTL in 2020. It is a manual lock - you have to use a key, unlike the trunk lock. That's no big deal for me, as I rarely lock it, such as when I have golf clubs in the bed.

Reactions: wjfyfe

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
They said the wiring is the issue so that I can use my fob to lock and unlock.
there is no wiring on the OEM lock. It’s a keyed lock

Reactions: wjfyfe and MtMan

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T
27 Posts
I don't know if their blowing you off, but I have a brand new, in-the-box, Pop and Lock tailgate security mechanism that works with your Ridgeline's electronic locking system. There is no key or handle change required. It is Model PL8600, and it's specified for all 2005-2020. It is all internal to the tailgate, and works in conjunction with your truck's existing locks. You can research the part number. PM if interested. I'm looking for $75 plus shipping (from eastern PA). I bought one for my 2017 RL, while at the same time I got the same part as a gift. A little tricky to install, but doable. And it works.
Just PM'd you.

·
Administrator
21,215 Posts
Just asked the dealer if they could install the oem tailgate lock on my 2019 RTL.

Their answer was that they can sell me the lock and parts but my vehicle is not set up
to install the OEM lock.

Is that correct or are they just blowing me off?

Thanks
Honda offered a keyed tailgate lock accessory for the 2017-2019 Ridgeline.

The 2020-2022 Ridgeline comes standard with an electric tailgate lock with keyed access to a manual override.

The 2017-2019 Ridgeline doesn't have the wiring, hardware, or software to support the 2020-2022 tailgate lock.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keyed lock will work for me. Just another layer of protection even though the most sophisticated thief will gain entry. As long as I keep the trunk locked there ain’t mush anyone can steal.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
703 Posts
Keyed lock will work for me. Just another layer of protection even though the most sophisticated thief will gain entry. As long as I keep the trunk locked there ain’t mush anyone can steal.
Here is an example. Available at other on line Honda part sellers too. This is the lock I installed. Works well and comes with upgraded cable retainers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts