Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Just a quick installation question tapping into the experiences of those that have already installed the OEM visors about installation temperature . Currently OAT temps are between 30-50 degrees, where our Ridgeline normally lives. I can get the Ridgeline inside where it is warmer so to install the visors, and then further using a heat gun to help "set" the adhesive tape, but will this be of any benefit since it will be moved back out to live in the cooler temps?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E PACIFIC PEWTER
37 Posts
Have anyone installed Wellvisors orOEM with chrome trim on RTL-E with chrome pillar ? Please post photos. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E PACIFIC PEWTER
37 Posts
Did you get the chrome or black trim? How do they look? Pics would be appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks,
Wellvisor are all out of stock . Will be couple of months or when ever the corona virus settled down ...Wellvisors website listing for $79.00 same at EBay

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also, went through Weather Tech and they all broke, or I had issues as well. I got my money back from them and they also, no longer carry them. They are not discontinued/unavailable. I was told, they had too many issues with them and won't have them going forward.

I went with the OEM visors. They are much thicker in quality. I have only installed 1 so far, the drivers side. The instructions I had the dealer print out, weren't clear on the clip installation. @John's Ridge When you put the one in on the small triangle shaped window, near side-view mirror, YOU DON'T PULL OUT THE GASKET! Instead, you angle and wiggle the metal clip into place! It does fit!

However, the only issue I had is the small push pins that hold the visor to the metal clips. I damaged 2 so far on my first window. They don't give you extras and now I don't know where or how to find them. I am thinking of bringing one to Home Depot and get nylon screws with lock nuts or something similar that would work. Unless someone out there knows where to get replacements and/or, know the part number for the pins? My local Honda Dealer is closed due to Coronavirus (as I'm sure everyone else's is as well).

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I

However, the only issue I had is the small push pins that hold the visor to the metal clips. I damaged 2 so far on my first window. They don't give you extras and now I don't know where or how to find them. I am thinking of bringing one to Home Depot and get nylon screws with lock nuts or something similar that would work. Unless someone out there knows where to get replacements and/or, know the part number for the pins? My local Honda Dealer is closed due to Coronavirus (as I'm sure everyone else's is as well).
If all that you did was push the pin together without catching the clip, you can take a pointed tool, like an awl, and pop the pin back apart and it will still work.
Bill

·
Registered
32 Posts
If all that you did was push the pin together without catching the clip, you can take a pointed tool, like an awl, and pop the pin back apart and it will still work.
Bill
Great! I'll see if I can find the broken ones. I might have thrown them out already.. Lol.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Great! I'll see if I can find the broken ones. I might have thrown them out already.. Lol.
Also, if the pin is too expanded to push back through the hole in the clip, you can pop the pin out, take a pair of pliers to squeeze the expandable part back together until it fits back through the hole and then reinstall the pin. Does that make sense?

Oh, and another error I made, when I came to the last visor I was a clip short. After lots of searching I finally figured out where I had installed two clips at one location, so be careful that you separate all of your clips............. :oops:

Bill

·
Registered
823 Posts
I also, went through Weather Tech and they all broke, or I had issues as well. I got my money back from them and they also, no longer carry them. They are not discontinued/unavailable. I was told, they had too many issues with them and won't have them going forward.

I went with the OEM visors. They are much thicker in quality. I have only installed 1 so far, the drivers side. The instructions I had the dealer print out, weren't clear on the clip installation. @John's Ridge When you put the one in on the small triangle shaped window, near side-view mirror, YOU DON'T PULL OUT THE GASKET! Instead, you angle and wiggle the metal clip into place! It does fit!

That sucks that they discontinued the WeatherTech's. This was the 2.0 version too. I do blame part of the issue on installer error (I was part of that group) but with help from this forum, my install went smooth after second attempt and I've had 0 issues with them.

Oem Visors are a great alternate option.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That sucks that they discontinued the WeatherTech's. This was the 2.0 version too. I do blame part of the issue on installer error (I was part of that group) but with help from this forum, my install went smooth after second attempt and I've had 0 issues with them.

Oem Visors are a great alternate option.
I actually had them installed without any issues, but 2 of them cracked and I needed them replaced. I went through their warranty. Then, while installing the replacements, 1 cracked and needed to replace it again, that's how I found out about the discontinued items (unless, the rep, was wrong and they will be available again in the future).

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
What is it about how the Weathertech visors are installed that enough pressure is applied to crack them, no manipulative persuasion was required when installing the OEM visors??

Bill

·
Registered
32 Posts
@wjfyfe They go in the window Chanel on an angle and sit in the Channel. Now when the window goes up, it pressed against it, causing the ends to crack.

It's sad, cause I put them on my 2010 Toyota RAV-4, GA never had an issue with them. These, I did.

·
Registered
2017 RTS White
317 Posts
Bit the bullet had the dealer install the OEM's but then again Weathertechs were not available in 2017.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bit the bullet had the dealer install the OEM's but then again Weathertechs were not available in 2017.
I bought OEM .. I'll install them.. Started to and broke 3 push pin rivets so far. Can't be reused. Now I can order the hardware for $10 +up to $10 shipping for something they can stick in an envelope and put a stamp on it! So I only have 2 on my truck right now. The dealer told me he could get them for me, but they are shutting down for 2 weeks b/c of virus.

Unless some one knows where I can get them? I think they are 7/64 inch diam (2.77mm) and 1/4 inch long. I can bulk order a bunch just to have, but can't find that size. I'm gonna try to look for a nylon screw and lock nut next.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I bought OEM .. I'll install them.. Started to and broke 3 push pin rivets so far. Can't be reused.
After installing our OEM visors I do not understand "breaking" a push pin? I did inadvertently close a couple of pushpins without engaging the clip, but by carefuly using a pointed tool, like an awl, I was able to reopen and reuse them without any issues.

Bill

·
Registered
32 Posts
After installing our OEM visors I do not understand "breaking" a push pin? I did inadvertently close a couple of pushpins without engaging the clip, but by carefuly using a pointed tool, like an awl, I was able to reopen and reuse them without any issues.

Bill
OK, maybe I didn't break them, but rather made them unusable again. I pulled them out using plyers, I didn't have a small enough tool to get it out, and it was partially engaged, so I couldn't use them again. I tried to reuse them, but they wouldn't hold anymore.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 49 Posts