Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
OK, maybe I didn't break them, but rather made them unusable again. I pulled them out using plyers, I didn't have a small enough tool to get it out, and it was partially engaged, so I couldn't use them again. I tried to reuse them, but they wouldn't hold anymore.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thank you for confirming for us that it was a matter of not using the right tool rather than a product issue, though, it would have been nice if Honda had thrown in a couple of extras. ;)

Bill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you for confirming for us that it was a matter of not having the right tools rather than a product issue, though it would have been nice if Honda had thrown in a couple of extras. ;)

Bill
Yes.. I agree.. It was kinda product issue.. The pins.. But you're right, Especially for those of us who never used them before.. Now I know.. Otherwise, I love these visits a lot better than the weathertech ones.. Glad they discontinued them.. Should have gotten them in the first place. But I was trying to save a few bucks..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Well, we all can make mistakes, where my big OOPS when installing these visors was not counting the clips before starting installation. When it came up to installing the last visor I was a clip short, (cuss words!). After spending considerable time looking around and blaming Honda for not supplying enough, I finally thought it out and started checking the clips that I had already installed where, yep, there it was, two clips had stuck together and I had installed them that way! (Blush!)

Bill

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,328 Posts
After reading all of the forum threads and other info on various window vent visor brands that I could find, I choose to go with OEM. I went through bernardiparts.com/ who is currently selling them for $186 with free shipping this weekend. Honda Door Visors (Ridgeline)

Bill
Wow, now they are $229. A fairly significant price increase.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass but genuinely wondering what is the reason for having these?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've had them on a past vehicle for keeping the windows open a bit without fear of rain coming in.
This. If you park outdoors, say, at work all day in the sun, you can have the vehicle locked, open all the windows 1" or so and keep the interior vented without fear of someone getting into the truck or, more importantly, a passing rain shower (or even a steady downpour). Truck stays nice and dry.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,328 Posts
This. If you park outdoors, say, at work all day in the sun, you can have the vehicle locked, open all the windows 1" or so and keep the interior vented without fear of someone getting into the truck or, more importantly, a passing rain shower (or even a steady downpour). Truck stays nice and dry.
Guess Honda needs to produce a visor for the rear window area, or better yet for the entire width of the front of the bed, to keep water out.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts