Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at the Extang Encore tonneau cover---part number 62590---according to them the rails do block the opening of the trunk. You only get about 80% of the opening of it. Also it requires two 3/4 inch holes to be drilled in the upper bed by window for the drainage lines.
Here is the link for the Extang cover installation. the last requirement are the holes.
https://static.livechatinc.com/2841...dgeline Supplemental Install Instructions.pdf

I am waiting to buy a cover for my RTL-E and am trying to decide---The Extang seems to be more waterproof then the OEM cover. Has anyone with the OEM figured out a way to make it more secure in regards to water?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I just looked at the Extang Encore tonneau cover---part number 62590---according to them the rails do block the opening of the trunk. You only get about 80% of the opening of it. Also it requires two 3/4 inch holes to be drilled in the upper bed by window for the drainage lines.
Here is the link for the Extang cover installation. the last requirement are the holes.
https://static.livechatinc.com/2841...dgeline Supplemental Install Instructions.pdf

I am waiting to buy a cover for my RTL-E and am trying to decide---The Extang seems to be more waterproof then the OEM cover. Has anyone with the OEM figured out a way to make it more secure in regards to water?
Just posted in other thread OEM Accessory cover and Extang Solid Fold 2.0 appear to be same exact cover.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You DO NOT have to drill holes! Just have the tubes exit up front by the drain holes. It will work just fine. :smile: Tom

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Does the Extang lock? I wish I had bought a hard locking cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes the extang locks the front cover. But if your tail gate isn't locked then well you can open the cover and reach under and pull the cords and remove the cover. It would still be a decent amount to steal it. I doubt it would happen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts