Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning my Ridge for a month and a half now, I can't help but look at other pickups as old fashioned. They say our trucks are ugly, however when you look at the competition they really haven't changed since the Model T. That's how I see them in my mind's eye when I'm on the road . Model Ts. Even the new Taco looks like a antique, a relic of the 20th century. It may take ten or more years, but I would bet that the rest of truck world will follow Honda's lead and the body on frame design will go the way of the dinosaur.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that the other manufacturers will copy the swing-open tailgate. It's a feature that's long overdue. I hardly ever drop the gate down.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Question LadyRidge - do you put your loading ramps up against the end of the gate or the end of the bed when you load up the karts?

L

·
0 Posts
I tow a 6x12 enclosed cargo trailer. I save the bed of the truck for my dogs!!!! :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, Mz Ridge, how do you keep you dogs from jumping out? I want to get one to haul my huge dog, cz with a Highlander the dog keeps climbing from the back into the front seat and then into my lap at 80 down the highway!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Kinda neat when you pull up and a person asks, "What is that?" I umpire as a part time job so my gear fits nicly in the trunk. When I pulled to my game today, some guys were working at the school and noticed that my tail gate opened kinda funny (Swing out) and that I had a trunk. They came over and asked how much scaffolding could it carry. So I said it is a half ton capacity, will tow 5K pounds, fit a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood or dry wall. Then I showed them the drain plug in the trunk. I said fill it with ice and you can have a cold one and the end of the day. Open plug and drain out water when all melted. They almost passed out. I think I just sold at least one guy on the vehicle.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I stopped by at a local garden center yesterday to check out their mulch selection and grab a sample. When I got back to my truck there was a guy peering in the back of the bed. When I asked him if he had any questions, he told me he was looking for the handle for the trunk. So I showed him. Then his wife and daughter walked up and told me that "this is the truck he wants". :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Similar situation myself. Finished a round of golf and when I returned to my truck the guy parked next to me (in an Avalanche) said he had hoped the owner would arrive soon.

Showed him the features of the truck, which impressed him significantly, especially when we discussed the price difference between our rides.

He mentioned that the only other Ridgeline he had seen was owned by some guy on New Street. I informed him that was me :D. He said he was glad it wasn't a woman that owned it (sorry ladyridge).

I have had my Ridgeline since Feb. 26th, and I have not seen another on the road yet - and that includes driving to Myrtle Beach last week.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
planetohdaddy said:
Hey, Mz Ridge, how do you keep you dogs from jumping out? I want to get one to haul my huge dog, cz with a Highlander the dog keeps climbing from the back into the front seat and then into my lap at 80 down the highway!!
Dogs love trucks! Who's slogan was that?

I rigged up a dog restraint with some old rope and a regular leash. It quickly loops through the upper tiedowns with no knots. I had to play with the lengths of the cross piece and the leash, but it installs and removes easy and the dog can move all around without getting enough slack to jump out. Just be careful. It is better to be a little short on the leash than a little long. Too long and the dog might get enough room to jump and end up hanging over the side from the leash. :eek: Not a pretty sight. You can certainly make it look prettier than mine. Here are some pics.

My mutt loves the back of the truck and this setup. She can look out the side, over the top of the cab, and on long trips she lays down and takes a nap. Crack the power rear window and she sticks her head in to "say" hello. Should I patent this?

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
maybearidge - good luck at the Borgota. I haven't been there yet, but heard it was nice. Hope to see the RTL on the road.

steveberger - Great idea for the dog restraint. When you open the rear window and says, "Do you want fries with that?", you should get worried :rolleyes:.

L

·
0 Posts
Thanks Dnucci...no offense taken. I like being the only woman who owns one. Makes me a vulnerable fish in a sea of shark!! I have to look to you guys for help!! ( Plus my guy at home.)

I had a guy sitting next to my truck one night as we left an Office Max. He had been driving by and said he saw the truck and parked next to it waiting for us to come out of the store. He was from Honda and wanted our opinion on the truck. He wondered how things were going. I told him of our love for the truck and about the ROC. He even took pictures!! He said that Honda does monitor this website so keep your ideas, suggestions, compliants, compliments and reviews coming!! It's working.

LadyRidge, Owner of a Billet Silver Ridgeline RTL with the works and DARN PROUD OF IT!!!!
( I could have been cool and said damn but I need to remain lady-like in here ) lololol

·
Registered
112 Posts
ladyridge - good to hear class-1 confirmation that Honda is monitoring this website.

Not quite sure I'd fall for the "vulnerable fish" analogy, but I'm sure you are an "angel-fish" ;).

·
Registered
297 Posts
maybearidge said:
well...I'm going down to the Borgata next weekend...keep an eye out for a black RTL in your area!
Well, you could have seen my Ridge when you are down there, but I blew all my money last weekend, sorry. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts