Discussion Starter #2

·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Civic head on collision

Here is a video of a partial head on collision from Gary's presentation. The other car is a Civic. In this test the front tow hook catches the other vehicle averting a rollover situation for the Ridgeline as well as keeping the driver of the Civic from getting a Ridgeline tire across his scalp. This goes to show you just how far the development team went to make the Ridgeline safe. I'll bet you no other manufacturer has this safety feature incorporated into it's trucks.

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/HondaRidgeline/Roc Meet 2007/?action=view&current=MVI_0551.flv

·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normal 4wd acceleration

This video demonstates the Ridgeline 4wd system. Gary brought along a set of industrial rollers for his demonstration. What I found interesting was that the truck never once in all of the tests that I saw ever tried to "walk" sideways off the rollers. If the truck had any variance in the speed that the wheels turned when they were all turning, the truck most likely would have tried to lurch sideways and would have came off the rollers.

When the demonstrator takes his foot off the gas, only one wheel spins. This one wheel spin is felt when you as a driver take your foot off the gas at a stoplight without applying any pressure to the gas. As he then puts his foot on the gas, all 4 wheels start to spin as the 4wd engages. Listen to the audio for more of an explanation of what is going on.

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/HondaRidgeline/Roc Meet 2007/?action=view&current=MVI_0590.flv

·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PS. I verified that none of the rocks in the bucket were styrofoam and no rocks were injured during the filming of this video. :)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,351 Posts
ChrisM, the song is Thunderstruck by ACDC!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I had another video but tmac and I both agree it should not be posted for general viewing, if you attended the meet, and tmac says ok, I can put it on a cd for you. It is the gary flint intro to the team members names and job function. not anything technical but names and faces.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Guys ...

Really enjoyed the pictures and the video. I have a question ... did the bed of the RL get really scraped up with the dumping of the rocks? Is Honda using a different bed liner today that is less likely to get those white scrapes?

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Really enjoyed the pictures and the video. I have a question ... did the bed of the RL get really scraped up with the dumping of the rocks? Is Honda using a different bed liner today that is less likely to get those white scrapes?
I think you missed the point of the demonstration. It demonstrates how the bed will not dent. Now take the same stock bed from a traditional truck and it'll be in bad shape.

no, same composite bed since the beginning and it's quite ingenious. The bed scratches, not scrapes or gouges. From what I can remember, part of the bad material is made of glass, so the white you see is glass dust. The bed will not rust, even with the scratches. Now go compare that to the traditional truck bed.

If you don't want scratches, use a bed mat or get a spray-in liner applied. It's a truck, scratches in the bed are allowed and celebrated; after all, it's a truck.

·
Super Moderator
8,121 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: The Rock Dump

And now, the video of the day. One of Gary's team dumps 600 lbs. of rocks into the bed of his Ridgeline. The bed did not experience any damage other than some scratches. This test was done at least 3 times during the day IIRC. Other than the forementioned scratches, no damage was done to the bed.

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m69/HondaRidgeline/Roc Meet 2007/?action=view&current=MVI_0593.flv
you think his ridge would be done up with tons of mods.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Re: The Rock Dump

you think his ridge would be done up with tons of mods.
That is not his personal truck, just one of their test trucks that they brought with them. (BTW: his personal truck is not done up with tons of mods either)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts