Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tested the capabilites again last night .
Went out to a local sand pit where there are some pretty nice hills to climb and off cambers to flex the suspension.
Traction is deffiently a factor ,street tires at 35lbs don't help but she still went like hell.Theres only one problem i noticed.

I did this one hill climb about 5 times. Testing the vsa on and off and trying to creep up with vtm on. The truck went best with the VSA off and the vtm off. After about 5 times i drove around and on the way out i attempted the same hill again and couldnt make it up with the same run at it that I used previously. I noticed a big power decrease . To get out I had to use a much further run up to the hill to get more momentum. I was wondering what would cause this power decrease? All tempatures were very good.
Truck is great for normal off road use. I was suprised how far it made it up a big sand washout . This is with the under bed cargo filled with heavy stuff and a full tank of gas. :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
BIGBLOCKDODGE said:
Tested the capabilites again last night .
Went out to a local sand pit where there are some pretty nice hills to climb and off cambers to flex the suspension.
Traction is deffiently a factor ,street tires at 35lbs don't help but she still went like hell.Theres only one problem i noticed.

I did this one hill climb about 5 times. Testing the vsa on and off and trying to creep up with vtm on. The truck went best with the VSA off and the vtm off. After about 5 times i drove around and on the way out i attempted the same hill again and couldnt make it up with the same run at it that I used previously. I noticed a big power decrease . To get out I had to use a much further run up to the hill to get more momentum. I was wondering what would cause this power decrease? All tempatures were very good.
Truck is great for normal off road use. I was suprised how far it made it up a big sand washout . This is with the under bed cargo filled with heavy stuff and a full tank of gas. :D
never, never, never run on soft sand without airing down, you will over work the truck (overheat)

Do it again with tire pressure at 20-25, recommended tire pressure from honda is 32 PSI front/rear

If sand is realy soft/deep air down to 15-18 if no hard bumps are around (rocks, trees)

I'm sure you will notice a big difference, I'm Curious myself.

I'm glad to hear that you had reasonable success even with the tire pressure overfilled.

Oh, by the way, let air out of the tires, but don't forget to pull the 20 amp VSA fuse from undere the hood, near the master cylinder

1 - 2 of 2 Posts