Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,036 Posts
If I still lived in LA, I would go with ya. (two months too late, darn)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The RL is not a strong off road vehicle IMHO, nor do I believe it was designed to do without mods (i.e. lift kit etc.).... Always go in pairs at a minimum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasnt talking about anything real tough.. just some easy trails I like to do when I feel like gettin a little dusty. Think the RL could handle this? I realize its on an accord chassis, but its still considered a truck.

·
Premium Member
17,036 Posts
I wasnt talking about anything real tough.. just some easy trails I like to do when I feel like gettin a little dusty. Think the RL could handle this?
Oh, that's all... The Ridge can do a lot more than that.
I realize its on an accord chassis, but its still considered a truck.
You are severely misinformed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, that's all... The Ridge can do a lot more than that.
You are severely misinformed.
Thats what I wanted to hear! I'd be willing to bet though, that my 2wd would out perform a RL offroad. Anyone up for a little friendly challenge? :)

·
Premium Member
17,036 Posts
Thats what I wanted to hear! I'd be willing to bet though, that my 2wd would out perform a RL offroad. Anyone up for a little friendly challenge? :)
That would be interesting... a RWD trail truck -vs- a 4WD truck.
My guesses....On trails, essentially even. in slippery conditions, ridgeline. flat rough conditions, nissan... steep rough conditions, neither.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't forget I've got an E-locker in the rear w/ a Dana 44 axle and lots of flex. Add to that some BFG MT's and its a pretty good package. I've been rock crawling, beach running, and mudriding and it does great everywhere I've been. I'm curious as to how the Ridgeline will stack up though so if you know someone around my area I'd love to go wheeling with them and see how it does.

·
Super Moderator
8,121 Posts
Don't forget I've got an E-locker in the rear w/ a Dana 44 axle and lots of flex. Add to that some BFG MT's and its a pretty good package. I've been rock crawling, beach running, and mudriding and it does great everywhere I've been. I'm curious as to how the Ridgeline will stack up though so if you know someone around my area I'd love to go wheeling with them and see how it does.
The only problem I see for you with this request is:

1. Not many want to take a $30,000 truck and intentionally try to break it.

2. Most of us are old enough to "have been there and done that".

3. Most of us have nothing to prove with our truck.

As I said in another thread you started; you have a nice truck, enjoy it. It works for you, ours works for us.

·
Premium Member
17,036 Posts
oh, since your truck is trail-rated, you will outperform the Ridgeline... even the stock Frontier as well, so not sure what you would be gaining by comparing your mod'd truck to (what most owners here have) a stock Ridge.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why join a Ridgeline Forum and attempt to "put it down"? Take a ride in a Ridge. You'll see that daily comfort, quiet ride, and medium offroad capability (in comfort) will win you over. being from the deep south, I've been in various trucks of various capabilities. The Ridge is flat out comfortable in any situatuion it is designed for. Other trucks, IMO are good only in one or two areas. That's what sets it apart.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope yall arent taking this the wrong way. I'm not trying to put anyones truck down, I just like learning about all types of vehicles.. and I'm the type that can't leave something stock. I frequent many different forums just to stay up on everything. I can't help but think that there is someone w/ a ridgeline that goes offroading for the fun of it.

I'm a member of a local offroading club, and we have all types of vehicles in it so if anybody wants to come ride let me know. Its a family friendly type club and we go out just to have fun, no pressure at all.

·
Premium Member
17,036 Posts
I'm a member of a local offroading club, and we have all types of vehicles in it so if anybody wants to come ride let me know. Its a family friendly type club and we go out just to have fun, no pressure at all.
damn it... why didn't I know about this when I lived down there.... :(

·
Super Moderator
8,121 Posts
Hope yall arent taking this the wrong way. I'm not trying to put anyones truck down, I just like learning about all types of vehicles.. and I'm the type that can't leave something stock. I frequent many different forums just to stay up on everything. I can't help but think that there is someone w/ a ridgeline that goes offroading for the fun of it.

Talk to Outfitter, i have been with him when he has taken his Ridgeline where i would not take the quad runner. He does this all year long while towing a trailer. Ridgeline owners tend to be a little older that the average 4wd affecianado and do not want to risk tearing up an expensive vehicle. Besides, that wasn't the intended job of the Ridgeline and has never been put forth as such. It will do most of the off roading that 90% of the Ridgeline owners will need to do.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Hey, I have a rear locker, too! I keep my ice chest there. ;)

Seriously, there are some guys around here who off-road. Where I live (also in Mississippi), you don't off-road a truck unless you are prepared to bounce it into a tree. I'm just not into feeding some body man's family...

There are some photos of my place in the huntin' & fishin' part of the forum. There's nothing too gnarly (rutted logging roads), but the trees are pretty close in.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Have you ever been to Canal Rd? Its wide open. There are trails around the area but you have to know where to go.
Yeah, I know the area. I'm in Stone County but do most of my "driving in the woods" up in Lamar County. The big problem there is lack of cell coverage. If you break, it's going to be 4 or 5 miles to the nearest house & hope they will loan you a tractor :D

This is a little uphill trail, nothing gnarly but the nice thing is that I own it :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's some great trails off of Lincoln Road in Hattiesburg if you are familiar with the area. Let me know if you wanna check them out sometime.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
LOL! I grew up about 3 blocks from Lincoln Road. Are the trails still on the Hattiesburg side of I-59 or are there new ones on the Lamar Co. side?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.