Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my daughter and I realized reverse at a stop light was a bad thing!! She was backing off RR tracks at a light and we met the driver behind us. Needless to say, my truck not even licensed yet, we may be shopping for a new bumper. Where is the best place/cost to find one.? Can the be purchased pre-painted? A local body shop wanted ~$650 to replace or ~$450 to repair. It didn't look to complicated to remove myself...but??! A friend at work said it's a truck...relax. I told him it wasn't even licensed yet..so back off. Looking for ideas...
One sorry father........
Jr

·
Registered
176 Posts
Depending on how bad the damage, it can probably just be repaired. I would for cost reasons and a few others would repair it. One thing to remember is when you replace the bumper, the new one will not have the VIN #, not a big deal until you go to trade it in and the dealer thinks it's been clobbered from behind. I know the first damage is the hardest, mine was pulling into the garage and making sure there was enough room for the kids to get in and out of both vehicles, and wham, lets just say I am glad for the breakaway mirrors. :eek:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here's the place I posted for someone earlier this week with a front bumper issue. Majestic Honda
It appears as though the rear bumper will be $273.75. It also says "no color", so it will need to be painted.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh joy...the body shop called back...due to special type of paint process....the cost is now $1000 to replace or $700 to repare....I believe I'm going to do some shopping around! Does the bumper "fascia" for lack up the correct term, actually have a vin #?? Actually, if there are any auto body repair people out there, the quote includes 2 hrs to remove and replace (near as I can tell, I could have it off in about 15 minutes) and 6 hours of paint labor. If I purchased the goods and took them somewhere, would the shop do the paint work? Just looking at ways to decrease the cost...not wishing to go to the insurance route yet?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Did you try taking it by your dealership for them to give you an estimate? Also find out what it will cost if you just want the paint work done. The one time I had to have body work done, it actually ended up being cheaper at the dealership because they didn't charge as much for the parts.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
You might want to consider the repair option if it can be done right because if a licensed repair shop does the job and replaces the bumper, they may have to make a repair note and this will show up on a Carfax report if you ever try to trade the truck in. Dealers do not want vehicles that have been in accidents and it will cost you more when that day comes around also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts