Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil change indicator has not moved off 100% for over a 1,000 miles. Have tried resetting it, no change, any ideas? 2009 RTL with 67, 000 miles

·
Registered
525 Posts
You may have to do a few thousand miles before you see any decline in your oil percentage as typical oil change is around 8000 miles. It will depend on your driving habits

·
Administrator
14,021 Posts
I've never heard of an oil life monitor becoming "stuck". On average, oil life will decrease by 10% every 750-850 miles. The Maintenance Minder will indicate 100% oil life when the calculated oil life is from 100% to 91%. Once the calculated oil life reaches 90%, it should indicate 90%. Some vehicles indicate oil life in 1% increments. Honda's vehicles indicate in 10% increments. I suspect that you'll be seeing 90% indicated oil life "soon". :)

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I thought the same thing when I changed my oil and then took a long highway trip in my 14. It was not till a bit over 1000 miles when the oil life finally dropped. In my case the highway miles were the type of driving that the Minder computes as easy on oil life miles and as result it took a lot of miles to reach 90%. Since you reset it, you will now need to wait a while again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the input, will let it go another 1,000 before getting concerned

1 - 6 of 6 Posts