Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok....East Coast/Midwest Ridgeline Owners....

...we need to form a group here. I'll volunteer to coordinate it if we have some willing participants. I know Nicholas is ( this is his idea ) and maybe one other person. Anyone else? I live 30 miles south of Cleveland but with 4K on my 'Line already in a hair less than 6 weeks, I guess you figured driving is not an issue for me. I am open to suggestions. We Easterns just can't let those guys out West get away with having such a good time on Mt. D.
Let me know.

( a.k.a. J.C. )

·
Registered
105 Posts
South NJ near Philly. I that is more east coast than Ohio. :) Good idea, I am game!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello all! Used to belong to a group called " Ford Diesel.Com" (now changed to Diesel.Stop.com after Mister Ford Motor Company politily requested their name be removed from the heading). It was a group pf people who owned the Excursion and F-250 thru F-350 Super Duty vehicles. We got together a few times (from all over the states and Canada) to visit and tour the main plant in Kentucky and the engine plant in Indiana. Were no "dues", just a informal group of people with something in common. Sometime vendors would sponsor a weekend get-together and show their new products. Wondered if anyone else might be interested? :confused:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Nicholas, great idea. Maybe we can get Honda to sponsor something for us. I'll check into it with my Honda contacts. I'll keep you posted.

J.C. :)

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I'm in western MA. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'd be coming from Hartford, CT area. I don't know anything about it but how about Williamsport, PA as a meeting place?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Great idea! I live in State College, PA., (Penn State University, Nittany Lions, Joe Paterno - OK bear with me. Maybe this year is the year... :rolleyes: ) not far from Williamsport. Williamsport is just North of I-80. State College is just South of I-80 in the center of PA. Another location that would be a lot of fun is Quaker Steak and Lube (www.thelube.com) in Cranberry Township, just North of Pittsburgh, not far from the PA/Ohio line near I-80. They are a fabulous restaurant with an automotive theme. Check their web site - it would be a lot of fun. There is one scheduled for here in Central PA but not until next year. There is a very nice large outlet mall close by so it could be a nice day out. I will be happy to contribute to organizing whatever happens.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I think I've been to Quaker Steak & Lube. I was on some business just up the road in Wampum, PA and we stopped for dinner on our way back to the Pitt. Airport.

Cranberry is another 225 mile drive for us "way" East Coasters. I was trying to find something in between for all those that had responded so far.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lets find out how many we have and where we are all coming from and find a happy medium. Sound ok to all of you???

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: Ok....East Coast/Midwest Ridgeline Owners....

Hey dudes haven't you heard "West is Best" East is Least" Just stirring the POT "Go for it" Got my 5 bucks on the west.
ladyridge said:
...we need to form a group here. I'll volunteer to coordinate it if we have some willing participants. I know Nicholas is ( this is his idea ) and maybe one other person. Anyone else? I live 30 miles south of Cleveland but with 4K on my 'Line already in a hair less than 6 weeks, I guess you figured driving is not an issue for me. I am open to suggestions. We Easterns just can't let those guys out West get away with having such a good time on Mt. D.
Let me know.

( a.k.a. J.C. )

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like a challenge to me. OK...you got it!
The West sides first meeting consited of 3 'Lines. We can beat that. East side..listen up. Lets keep in touch, where we are from and plan our course of attack on some poor unsuspecting community. If everyone, I guess East of the Mississippi, would email me with their location, I'll throw it into my computer and find a central location.
Email me at [email protected].

Ready...Set....GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I still like Quaker Steak and Lube in Cranberry, PA. Within four hours drive time, most of PA, most if not all of Ohio, Maryland, West Virginia and Western New York is accessable. Having lived in the center of Pa for 30 years (please don't do the math!), I am accustomed to being equally inaccessable from everywhere. The location really does not matter to me. As a practical limit, four hours drive time seems to be the maximum that I think most people will be willing to drive. Additional attractions, such as the nearby outlet mall, that appeal to most people is a plus.
Goto www.lubewings.com or search Mapquest for:
1298 Freedom Road
Cranberry Twp., PA 15257

Lets do it! :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Southeastern Ohio here (between Marietta and Athens and way out in the country). May 8th is OK by me...now where? :eek:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My kids are gonna kill me. I forgot about Mothers Day on the 8th? :rolleyes:
Oh well...with a Ridgeline in my driveway...EVERYDAY is "MY" day!!!
Not sure we can swing the NJ Six Flags outing. We are preparing for vacation in July out west. Keep me posted on ideas.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts