Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My better have uses an Ford F250 Disel for her job as a Farrier (Blacksmith). We have always called her truck the "Grunt" as its not exactly refined but can tow just about anything and is needed for her horse trailer and workshop.

We have been calling the RL "The Runt" not exactly a compliment but seems to have stuck for now till we find something more flatering.

So what has everyone been calling their RL's........male or female...??

L

·
0 Posts
Well..of course she's a "she". I really haven't called her anything but the 'Line in memory of my race car days and draggin' the 'Line. However, I do call my Navigation system "Ivan". :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I first brought the truck home I showed my wife how it talked and how I could talk to it. She was joking about how how much time I spent with "her" (the voice in the truck) that first day and how she feels like the truck is "the other woman". Then I said, "I call her Sylvia (the first name that popped into my head since the truck is silver). She got a laugh out of it and now "she" is called Sylvia in our home. I've never had a name for a care before, but this one seems to have stuck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My wife calls it, "that thing in the garage." She is not a happy camper about me buying something a bit more than I needed.

I guess the old saying goes, if she makes a point of saying it is me or the Ridgeline, choose. Hmmm, I am gonna miss my wife. :eek:

·
Registered
119 Posts
After listening to my navigation system give directions to the gas station and read restaurant reviews, I have had several passengers suggest the name Hal for my truck.

L

·
0 Posts
emgun said:
My wife calls it, "that thing in the garage." She is not a happy camper about me buying something a bit more than I needed.

I guess the old saying goes, if she makes a point of saying it is me or the Ridgeline, choose. Hmmm, I am gonna miss my wife. :eek:
As one in a handful of women in the world who allow her man to have all the toys he wants as long as we have bread and butter in the fridge...I have a suggestion emgun. Give her the keys to the Ridgeline, a tank of gas, money for shopping and enter a message into ivaN that says..."I love you" How can she NOT love it then??

I have decided to call my girl "Sassy". Because that's what she is!! Like her owner!! ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey, my wife lets me have whatever I want too! That means there's only 3 left (handful - 2)? She actually "challenged" me by saying that I'll never get a truck because I can't make up my mind so I'm going to surprise her and not tell her when I buy one. She'll just pull into the driveway and there will be a silver Ridgeline sitting there. ;)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My wife's car is a loaded red Accord EX Coupe. Very fun to drive. When we are going somewhere the question as we are going out the door is "What do you want to take the car or the truck?" So I guess the Ridge's nick name is just "The Truck". BTW "The Truck" has been winning lately. When the novelty wears off (which it hasn't since I took delivery 3/13) I'm sure we'll get back to "The Car".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts