Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here, too... Gotta find a section about K&N drop-in replacement- no FIPK, damn thing has ram air outta the gate... Is it a good idea to put in a replacement K&N filter element. I imagine the tuning is so precise that gains would be minimal- looking at the nostrils on the leading edge of the engine compartment... Hmmm, what about a throttle-body spacer, or maybe something to get the air vortexing..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I think there is a generally accepted understanding on this site that fooling with the Ridgeline drive line performance is ill-advised.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A pump will always perform best with clean laminar flow and a low delta P across the filter and / or zip tube. As long as the filter is not over oiled I'm always a fan.

Personally I try to have a conical filter w/a outerwears prefilter on all my older cars.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Not really needed on the Ridgeline. I used to be a fan of K&N, never had an issue with'em. However, after having a comparison test completed, you will gain only oily dirt using K&N over OEM.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
A pump will always perform best with clean laminar flow and a low delta P across the filter and / or zip tube. As long as the filter is not over oiled I'm always a fan.

Personally I try to have a conical filter w/a outerwears prefilter on all my older cars.
Key phrase above is "older cars". Otherwise, why??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts