Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't have and Ridgeline trucks availabe in Ontario, Canada yet.

I'm 6'7 and real curious to know if I'll fit in the thing. I do fit in the Pilot and drive an Ody now but really need a bit more room.

Can anybody compare how the Ridge fits compared to others...for leg room and head room......ie, I would like a sun roof model.

Thanks guys, gals

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am 6'3" tall(190cm) 215lbs (98 kg)and I fit fine there is tons of head room maybe 6" (15 cm ) extra headroom depending on how high I put the seat . Now leg room is alittle tight and I mean just alittle. If it had 2" (5cm) more inches of leg room it would be great . When I spoke to The representive at the fractory I brought this up .

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have the RTL with sunroof and I'm 6'4" 250lb. With the seat all the way down I have about 2 inches of head room. Models without the sunroof I think get like another 2 inches of headroom.

As for leg room it about the same as my '05 Ody. Not great but defintely livable. I've driven the Ody for 6 hours straight so I imagine I could do the same with the Ridgeline.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I'm not as tall as you are at 6' 1" but I won't buy a vehicle unless I can sit in the rear seat, behind the driver, with the seat all the way back and be comfortable.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
6'4", 250lb...head room +2" and legroom is fine except the left foot rest. I'm gonna remove it this evening. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Seating leg room ... Good!!!

I doubt you will be able to fit in an RL with a Moonroof ... the assembly takes up too much ceiling height :(. I am 6'-2" and had ceiling height issues when I adjusted the drivers seat to my preference.
This made my RL choice easier ... RTL w/o Moonroof. This model has plenty of headroom ... I think I could wear a 10 gal hat while driving :D.

With the drivers seat adjusted for me I can comfortably sit behind the drivers seat ... I have found this to be very rare in other vehicles.

I have not tried to push the drivers seat all the way back to see what remains for me in the back seat.

I find the front seats have plenty of leg and foot room, but the steering wheel does not telescope.
The arm rests (L, Center, R) seem to be positioned just right for the occupants.

I also find the back angle of the rear seat to be comfortable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
6'2" - 34" inseam ...
I bought German cars for years because they fit my long legs.
I have about 3 - 4" of clearance with my moonroof. No issue there.

Had an issue with the "dead pedal" on my left leg. Right leg lots of room - I don't have the seat all the way back. But it bugged me that my left leg was kind of "short". Simple solution: pull out the dead pedal that stuck up way higher than necessary and replace with home made "dead pedal" that evened out my legs so they are nicely at the same position.

Road trips in the Ridge are awesome and comfortable.

·
Registered
104 Posts
OK tall guys - Hows the leg room ... ?

slim ... good comment about your 34" leg inseam.
I am 6'2" with a 31" inseam. This explains our difference of opinion on the Moonroof, and that I have no problem with the dead pedal (ie, left foot rest).

·
Registered
138 Posts
6'2" with a 34" inseam also. I fit fine as far as legroom is concerned, have a few inches of clearance between my head and the roofliner (have a moonroof model).

What I wish is that the steering wheel telescoped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am about your size and find that the Ridgeline has great head room, but could have better leg room, not as good as my Accord. All in all, I am quite comfortable.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Toobuku said:
I'm not as tall as you are at 6' 1" but I won't buy a vehicle unless I can sit in the rear seat, behind the driver, with the seat all the way back and be comfortable.
i'm with toobuku, i will set up the driver seat the way i want it, then sit in the back behind the driver seat and sit every other way to be confortable in long trips. If i'm comfortable, anyone who sits behind me should be comfortable, unless if the person is 6'8" or 250lbs that takes up two people then i just don't know. confort is key to long drives even in short distance. I'm about 6'1" depending what shoes i wear. 220lbs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am 6'5" and 215lbs- Head room is great but I do not have the sunroof. I find the legroom to be pretty cramped- 34-35" inseam. It is about 1.5" less than my '04 Explorer had and wish the seat went back a couple of more inches. This is my only real complaint with the Ridgeline so far. It is an extremely comfortable seat though and have driven 6 hours straight without a problem.

The other thing is that the owners manual says to have the headrest positioned so that the middle of the headrest is aligned with the center of your head. This is impossible for me since the headrest does not go up high enough for that to be possible. Right now I have the headrest positioned in the top position and the top of the headrest is maybe .5" above the center of my head. Safe enough but if my torso was even a couple of inches longer that would be a problem. I don't think that this truck was really designed with people over 6'-2" in mind. But then alot of the big guys who have posted here don't seem to be having a problem- that surprised me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You will be fine . Im 6'7 and 285 . I fit no problem in my RTL moonroof. I do have the seat all the way back and the back reclined a teeny bit but there is still plenty of room behind me as well. Try it and you will see for yourself.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and I find the Ridgeline very comfortable considering the Ridgeline is a comprimise of sorts. I liked the bench like seat of my '87 Dodge Dakota a little better because of a little more leg room but I drove my Ridgeline three days straight and found if very comfortable. I will have to agree with the people who don't like the left foot rest. For some reason if presses in the arch of my foot. It isn't a big deal to me but I think that if the left foot rest was more flexible then it would work for me better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm 6"10" and bought the Ridgeline for the headroom. It could use more legroom. It would be nice to be able to stretch out.
My S-10 has about a foot more legroom. I agree that the headrests could use more adjustment, height and front to back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, 6'-10"- and I agree, the headroom is great. I also find the width of the cabin gives the interior a very spacious feeling. If they just would've allowed the seat to go back further.... and I rarely have passengers in the back seat anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not as tall as a lot of the ROC members who have already posted, but at 6' 3" I have no problems at all with head room (I don't have the suroof). Front leg room is good but it would be nice to have a little more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts