Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
View attachment 403206

Fountain drinks, French fry containers, and pickups. The sizes all get bigger in time!

Just 2” difference in length between my old faithful and the new ride. But a world of difference in technology and usability.
That's a nice-looking Dodge. I actually think that generation is more reliable than the modern Rams. At the very least, they are much easier and cheaper to repair when they do break down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s actually a Chevy. 1986 model we’ve had since new. The only mods we did were to put a toolbox on it and change out the stereo head unit for a JVC one. It was a daily driver for many years. I’ve been driving it about once a week now for the past 10 years or so, and using a 2003 GMC Envoy as the main grocer-getter. The new RTL-E that I just bought will start taking over the everyday duties of both vehicles.

·
Registered
547 Posts
’86....last year of the Rochester “Quadra-Slurp”, in a GM C/K1500. Nice looking RCLB and CCSB.👍

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
That’s actually a Chevy. 1986 model we’ve had since new. The only mods we did were to put a toolbox on it and change out the stereo head unit for a JVC one. It was a daily driver for many years. I’ve been driving it about once a week now for the past 10 years or so, and using a 2003 GMC Envoy as the main grocer-getter. The new RTL-E that I just bought will start taking over the everyday duties of both vehicles.
You're right - my bad! That two-tone made me think that front was a little more rounded... should've looked closer!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
’86....last year of the Rochester “Quadra-Slurp”, in a GM C/K1500. Nice looking RCLB and CCSB.👍
Slurp is dead-on! It has always liked gasoline. I believe Chevy put 2 tanks on there for a reason. You only make half as many trips to the gas station, but they hurt twice as much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today was the first time out towing my boat with the new ride. The RL performed just as well as I expected, towing uphill and down without straining. And all the while, getting me to and from the river comfortably.

However, I do see a paint job in the future for the boat. Thinking Deep Scarlett with black trim......

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Back in the late '70s, I had a '72 Chevy C/20 Camper Special, four-speed manual. That truck was a beast. I was told, the four-barrel Quadrajet was supposed to get better fuel economy than the two-barrel carburetor since the four-barrel primaries were smaller than the two-barrel, if you could keep your foot out of the secondaries. In practice, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Back in the late '70s, I had a '72 Chevy C/20 Camper Special, four-speed manual. That truck was a beast. I was told, the four-barrel Quadrajet was supposed to get better fuel economy than the two-barrel carburetor since the four-barrel primaries were smaller than the two-barrel, if you could keep your foot out of the secondaries. In practice, I don't know.
I had a '76 Charger SE (twin to the big Cordoba) with the factory 400-2bbl and no cats. I swapped out the 2bbl for a Carter T-quad 4bbl and picked up a little over 2mpg. The smaller primaries really helped get that heavy car moving without kicking in the secondaries if you kept a light foot on the throttle.

·
Registered
547 Posts
4X2 3/4 ton......granny gear in that 4 speed?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That old Quadra-Jet still gets the job done, even after 34 years. I had to have it rebuilt about 7 years ago along with a tune up. You can still pump it once, and fire her up.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That old Quadra-Jet still gets the job done, even after 34 years. I had to have it rebuilt about 7 years ago along with a tune up. You can still pump it once, and fire her up.
The Holley Spread-Bore 4bbl somewhat imitated the Quadra-Slurp......small primaries/larger secondaries.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Great pic. Thank you for posting that. I haven't looked it up, but I believe my G2 RL is the same size as my 2003 Toyota Tundra LTD 4X4

1 - 16 of 16 Posts