Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my amp's remote wire hooked up to ignition so when key is turned it powers up, it works great but I share this car with my family and they do not enjoy the base of my two rockford fosgate p2d4-15's, so as of now I have been unplugging RCA cables from amp every time I get out of car (this is a hassle and the amp does not turn off, just no sound out of subs) would it be possible to attach and SPST on/off switch to the remote wire so i can just flick switch off and amp will not turn on? also this shouldnt effect the power or anything of the subs right? the remote wire just gives the amp signal to turn on and off right? thanks in advanced!
this is the switch I was looking to use
http://cgi.ebay.com/PushButton-Red-...053?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bb15517d

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Sure you can put a switch on the remote turn on lead. But the switch you linked to is a momentary switch. As soon as you release the switch, your amp will turn off.

You need a conventional SPST switch. You choose - toggle, rocker, etc.

And it is "bass," not "base."

·
Registered
606 Posts
The remote turn on lead I used is a fuse tap from the rear window circuit fuse in the interior fuse box.

Now when kids are in car and wife says turn off the bass I push the button to lock or turn off rear windows and it also turns off the bass!

Perfect, no bass at the push of a button (power window button).

Don't waste time or money wiring in a switch.

I wired headrest DVD system to front window so DVD stays on when car Ridgeline gets turned off until I open the door! Also perfect for when kids are not done watiching a DVD.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I struggled to find a live wire that would bypass the ignition for a portable DVD player. I found out from the service manual that fuse 17 in the interior box underneath the steering wheel isn't used. I confirmed that it is live regardless of the ignition switch.

So I picked up this nifty fuse holder from a local auto parts store. It plugs into the fuse and the first set of sockets is to hold the original fuse from your fuse box (I didn't have one so I left it out) the second (outboard) socket is for you secondary circuit that attaches to the pigtail. I only had a 7.5 A fuse, but that should be more than adequate for my needs.

I attached a power adapter to the other end and now I have power to the rear seating area constantly via a power adapter socket underneath the drivers seat. If I need to disable I can simply pull the fuse.

With respect to your sub/amp, you could put a relay or a switch inline and it would accomplish the same thing I'm guessing, without worrying about messing up any other circuits. If you need one that works with the ignition, simply pick one of the other fuse sockets that is switched to the ignition (I didn't need this so I didn't check any of the existing fuses)

HTH

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
Perfect, textbook, nice clean install. Just like I did it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts