Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ROC members,

I ordered an RTL today. I should be receiving it within the week.

Your posts made my buying experience easier. This is a wonderful forum and I am glad to be a member :D .

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the Ridgeline, I know we do.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Congrats and I see you snagged a clever user name.

You gave such a spare description that I'm bursting with questions.

What color is always my first point of curiousity. How long do you have to wait? Did you test drive one? Did you get NAV?

We hope you continue to post and add your thoughts and opinions to the wealth of information contained in this site.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello again,

In answer to your questions:

I purchased an Amazon Green RTL. I didn't get the moonroof/NAV because I needed a minimum of 40 inches of headroom. My 12 year old Trooper went kaput and I have been driving a sedan since. I got tired of hitting the roof with my head.

I looked at a variety of trucks, and frankly I gave the Ridge the last look. However, it only took one test drive to convince me that this was it. Not to mention the reviews it received, and the posts I've read on this board.

I picked the name iROC for a few reasons:

1. I've been a Macintosh user for 20 years (iPod, iMac, iPhoto, etc)
2. I am now a member of ROC, so "i [am a member of] ROC"
3. "I rock" because I got a Ridgeline.

By the way, I've yet to see one on the highways and biways. The only ones I've seen have been at dealerships (I see lots of Elements though--I briefly looked at the Element, but I need to seat 5).

Thank you for welcoming me to ROC. ROC on...

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
How fun! We have some things in common.

I too am a devoted Mac user with all the goodies you listed. I'm not happy with iPhoto at the moment, but I'm hoping Apple will come through with a fix for my problems. Other than that, I have always been delighted with all my Mac goodies.

We also moved up from a Trooper that was 11 years old. Our Trooper is still going strong. My niece bought it. There is no comparison between the two vehicles. Our Trooper served us well and took us on many adventures. We didn't know what we didn't have until taking the test drive in the RL. It was love at first sight.

I'm doubly glad to welcome you now. You'll find that there's quite a crew of Mac users on this forum too. Check out this post:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1181&highlight=macintosh

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Truckin',

What a host of coincidences! I miss the Trooper, but am looking forward to the Ridgeline. Glad to hear yours is still truckin', so to speak.

Lot of Mac users! I agree, iPhoto can be...tempermental at times. Speaking of computers, I can't figure out how to get an avatar next to my screen name. Can you tell me how you did it? I searched in the forums, but still couldn't figure it out :confused: . Thanks!

Sheesh! I've got to get some sleep...

·
Registered
130 Posts
iROC, Welcome! We also had a Trooper, it was a great vehicle, I still miss it, it performed well when we took it on the beaches in Hatteras NC. I am looking forward to taking our Ridge on the NC beaches as well! Best of luck & keep us posted:)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome and great color choice! You will enjoy the extra HP that the Green ones have!:D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
iROC welcome aboard and great choice on the Amazon Green.

Make sure you vote for our favorite color at the Color My World thread.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Welcome iROC! Dont let the color thing scare you here! Its all good even though you didn't get white :D
Enjoy the RL as it should be!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello!

I just want to thank you all for your warm welcome! I will hopefully get my Ridge early next week :D.

With regard to the avatar I had already tried the user CP...no luck :eek:.

You may have noticed...I'm experimenting with the smilies :).

·
Registered
668 Posts
TheRidgester said:
Welcome iROC! Dont let the color thing scare you here! Its all good even though you didn't get white :D
Enjoy the RL as it should be!
At least it is not silver primer.

By the way don't drive into the sun if you drive in or around Ohio, you won't see HER coming. Silver is sneakiy, Welcom aboard!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've heard that about silver.... I get the impression that folks on this board feel strongly about colors :D .

I now grok avatars and color. The changes surpisingly updated my previous posts.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Congrats iROC, Welcome to the club and have a great Thanksgiving!:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts