Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ridgeline RTS, 2008 Odyssey EX-L
386 Posts
I replaced one of the white switches which fixed the problem for awhile but now the issue has returned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,547 Posts
Bend those tabs a little and use some contact spray.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem as others with my Drivers Side Dome Light not coming on when the doors were opened but working if I pushed the button. I used the information in this thread to correct my problem. Thanks to the ones before me who solved this issue.

I took some pictures of the Dome Light removed to show the white push button in questions in case someone else in the future needs to address this same issue.

Once you remove the Map Light Assy. pry the push button switch off.

This shows the Map Light Assy. with one push button switch in and the other removed.

Once the switch is removed you will see the 3 pins that need to be cleaned and bent to make proper connection.

This is what the push button switch looks like once removed. I used a piece of wire and pushed it in and out of each hole to help clean the contacts in case they had corrosion on them.

This pic shows both lights working with the door open without being fully assembled and bolted in. This way you can test your work before you reassemble and bolt everything in only to find out it doesn't work and more cleaning or different bending needs to be applied. The push button switch will not work until the assy. is bolted in. As stated before the bolt acts as a ground for the push button.

Finished and both lights worked. I was able to fix mine on the first try. I hope everyone who has this problem in the future has the same luck.
How do I access the pictures? Thanks for great explanation

181 - 185 of 185 Posts