Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my RL from Parker Johnstone Honda. Parker formerly raced in the CART series with Honda power and also in other venues, then became a race commentator, and has strong ties to Honda. I was talking to one of the techs recently and he was telling me that earlier this year, three of the design engineers on the Ridgeline team visited the dealership. They told the staff one of the tests they had performed on the RL. They loaded three times the maximum recommended payload in the bed and drove the RL straight into a 6" curb at 30mph. The result? Nothing. Nothing on the chassis was bent or out of line and no loss of control by the driver.
I don't think I would be inclined to try and duplicate this at home.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'll bet the tires were blown. Impressive if it is true. It is amazing what some the tests are that they will put vehicles through. Anyone who would load up a truck three times beyond the recommended limit and then hit a 6" curb should have their vehicle rendered inoperable. I suppose that with that kind of load the hood would be angled so far up that the driver would have a hard time seeing what was in front of them anyways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts