Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what my salesperson told me he heard from his Honda rep.
(This was after I had already bought one.) Seems like these will be a rarity.
How many vehicles would typically be made of a type, say how many CRV's or Tacoma's?

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the demand deemed it neccicary, honda could ramp up perdouction at the alabama plant i belive. but to keep the prices as extremely high as they are, don't know how long it will be till they make more.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I would imagine that the only reason Honda would say that they are going to make ONLY 50K is because they want to see how the market reacts to the vehicle. Honda is basically reinventing the pick-up truck. They are messing with a traditional formula and they knew they were taking a risk.

If the vehicle is selling like hotcakes, they will make more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you look at Honda's February sales, they sold about 11,000 CR-V's in a month. Multiply that by 12 and you get about 132,000, and that's just what they sell.

In the Element's first year, Honda also made only 50,000. Judging from the sales of the Element, they probably won't make anymore than this per year, so 50,000 seems to be Honda's "safe" number.

With all the postitive reviews and excitement over the Ridgeline (look at this board), I'm sure they'll step up the production, if not this year, than definitely next year.

·
Registered
996 Posts
RidgeInMaine said:
That's what my salesperson told me he heard from his Honda rep.
(This was after I had already bought one.) Seems like these will be a rarity.
How many vehicles would typically be made of a type, say how many CRV's or Tacoma's?
No, once again, this is not true. They will make as many ridgelines as there is demand for this year. They hope to sell 50,000, but if there is more demand, they will ramp up production in the states according the Honda president in Canada. These will be anything but rare.

They sell way under 5000 Elements every month which puts it around 50,000 units a year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Honda did the same thing with the S2000 in its first year they said they were only going to make 5,000 a year for 2 years. well we are now in the 5th year of production and Honda averages about 6,000 S2000's sales a year.

I think the number will be low for the 1st 2/3 years then a redesign. just like with the S

·
Registered
69 Posts
MPG.............hmmmmmmmmmm.....lets see..............maybe 21 MPG if you'e traveling 80 MPH, with no hills or turns, and without the AC on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got about 20mpg in mine, combined, at 80 on the freeway for half a tank, and in town for the other half.

The Nav/Sound system has been fun to play with!

I'm getting stopped in every parking lot. I get all positive comments, except some young guys I have doing framing for me thought it was ugly. Then I showed them what it DID and then they even changed their tune. They are into high lift kit fitted 4x4 monsters.

I have one of those too...but now it's just for the dirty, heavy stuff. I told them this was as close as I could get to a 4 wheel drive, 5 passenger, brand new, El Camino! :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts