Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
A 2006 with only 78k miles, fully loaded (nav) and a topper on it (one of the good ones) For $11,900.

Doesn't seem like too bad of a deal to me. For comparison, I purchased my 2006 RTS 1.5 years ago, for $9,900, it had 179k miles on it and wasn't fully loaded or with a topper. The timing belt had been done which is something you may want to consider for yours (out of precaution of age) but there are folks on here who have gone much further/longer without changing it.

If it hasn't been wrecked and has a clean title I'd say that's not a bad deal.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I bought my 06 new. Now 179,000 miles. Just had timing belt changed. Couple small items but by far best vehicle I've owned if 60 years of driving. Might keep her for 300,000 unless new ones wows me to much. I think it will make your son a great unit. good luck

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Make sure you get both master (black) keys and the valet (gray) key.

The valet key has limited functions. Getting a replacement master key is only available at the dealer (so mucho $$).

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me. I browsed autotrader.com for about 4 months before settling on a 2006 RTS (less loaded than the one you're looking at) with similar mileage for $12,700 last week. Your truck adds a tonneau cover, navigation, leather heated seats, etc, for a lower price than what i paid. I would say if it checks out, it's a great deal, at least for where I am located.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks everyone!
I ran autocheck and carfax on it, and everything is clean. Emissions are listed as passed, there is an airbag recall that will need to be dealt with. Other than that, uneventful reports. I will ask further about maintenance records, and take all the knowledge I have studied on the site plus the checklist with us when we look tonight!

This will be my son's first vehicle. I have been looking at Ridgelines for a few months now, too. He has been saving his money for a while, and started his first "official" job today to help pay for the vehicle. Hopefully he'll be making Ridgeline memories soon!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
There was a recall for the blower motor also. Make sure that was taken care of!

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Ok, thanks everyone!
This will be my son's first vehicle. I have been looking at Ridgelines for a few months now, too. He has been saving his money for a while, and started his first "official" job today to help pay for the vehicle. Hopefully he'll be making Ridgeline memories soon!
Good on ya Mom/Dad.
Nice to hear a kid saving for his first vehicle. Too many get a free ride today.
Good Luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok, thanks everyone!

I ran autocheck and carfax on it, and everything is clean. Emissions are listed as passed, there is an airbag recall that will need to be dealt with. Other than that, uneventful reports. I will ask further about maintenance records, and take all the knowledge I have studied on the site plus the checklist with us when we look tonight!

Good lunk AJs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Heli ATP.
Yes I think it's important for them to put a little "skin in the game" to take care of their vehicle. Many of his friends have already been given cars. We have 4 children, this is our first driver. He doesn't want to use one of our vehicles, he said he wants it and all the responsibility to be all his.

We'll be looking for another Ridgeline within the year for our second son as well. Our driveway will look like a Ridgeline parking lot! :) And then in 3 years for our 3rd son.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. Tell your son to be careful when backing up. I have almost creamed a few low profile cars backing out of parking places especially at our Home Depot gas station/market.

My 10 year old grand daughter insists that she will get mine when she starts driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like a great deal. Tell your son to be careful when backing up. I have almost creamed a few low profile cars backing out of parking places especially at our Home Depot gas station/market.

Yes, Mike099, thank you for that advice.
We might look into an aftermarket back up camera.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts