Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about purchasing a RTL w/Navigator. Have information from Consumer Reports but it did not include dealer v retail price for options. Any information about negotiating room for these would be appreciated. Relatedly, dealer says $500-1000 below MRSP is best price. Thoughts about this from recent buyers?
Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Baloney. You should definitely be able to get a better deal than $500 - $1,000 below MSRP. Invoice on the RTL w/ Nav is $31,674 (includes destination). That’s the number you should shoot for, if not less. The max you should pay is $500 over invoice ($32,174).

In regards to the accessories, check out http://estore.honda.com. Enter in your vehicle and location info and you’ll find the “normal” price dealers in your area charge for the accessories. Now go to http://www.handa-accessories.com/ and see what the retail prices are. This will give you a good idea of the markup on the MSRP of the accessory as well as the installation charge. Use the H and A site as the basis for negotiating the accessories.

I paid invoice for my RTL S/R and had a roof rack, running boards, hood air deflector and rear splash guards added and installed for $1,004 more ($96 over MSRP).

Also, don’t forget to try some of the online sites, Edmunds, CarsDirect, etc to get some prices from dealers in your area, but don’t hesitate to negotiate from their email. Another option is to search then inventory list of dealerships in your area. Send an email to the Internet Sales manager to those dealerships that have a number of RLs in stock and ask for their best price.

Good Luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not sure about discounts for accessories through the dealers but I know there are some posts about internet accessory websites that sell the accessories for a discount.

As for the msrp and discounts for the vehicle, I think it really depends on where you live. I know in southern california you can expect to pay close to invoice if you do your homework--possibly cheaper. My advice to you would be use edmunds.com and autobytel.com and send out requests to dealerships in your area. That will put you in touch with the fleet sales/internet department. You will receive emails (depends on how many dealers in your area) within an hour of your request. Within an hour I received a quote for $500 over invoice for an RTL with Navigation. Good luck with your research and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bill and I must have posted at the same time. :) Those are the accessory sites I was talking about. He is definitely right. Check out those internet sites (edmunds.com, carsdirect.com) and use the email to negotiate your price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
kazak said:
Thinking about purchasing a RTL w/Navigator. Have information from Consumer Reports but it did not include dealer v retail price for options. Any information about negotiating room for these would be appreciated. Relatedly, dealer says $500-1000 below MRSP is best price. Thoughts about this from recent buyers?
Thank you.
Invoice is $31,674 ($31,159 + $515 for destination) for that RL - same one I have (be sure to get Silver - it keeps the daily smileys rate of Ladyridge high).

Price depends on where you are located. Some regions are willing to sell below invoice (areas with low demand or lots of dealerships) and some areas are selling near MSRP.

Somewhere around Invoice + $500-$1000 is a good price, in my mind. Read through this forum for some more info on pricing - it's in here somewhere - lots of info on others' experience, negotiations, and prices.

The right price is the one you feel good about. When you feel like you have gotten the price to the point you are comfortable with it - then buy it. What others get for price is a matter of their region and comfort zone.

Good luck! Let us know if you have more questions.

Seattleridge
The SILVER RL in the Northwest (ok we did see another one)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Right now Honda has $2000.00 off MSRP for all Ridgelines.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Some dealers might meet HandA prices but ultimately you will pay more for dealer installed items. If possible, go elsewhere or do it yourself. I had my running boards put on by a body shop, and my friend had his chrome bumper trims put on. We saved hundreds of dollars finding alternate ways.

Price around, because as others have said, nobody is paying that much anymore. My friend got his for $2,100 under MSRP on Memorial Day, and prices have dropped since. If your dealership won't budge, leave for another dealership and remind him of the 'employee discount' by other manufacturers. They (Honda) are hurting with this promo and need more sales.

Good Luck and stand strong!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I went to the parts counter at my dealer and asked him to meet College Hills Honda's prices or I would buy over the internet.

He said "but with them you have to pay shipping..."

I said "with you, I have to drive in here..."

He said he'd match them.

There's plenty of markup in the prices of the accessories.

Installation by the service department is a rip-off though. $300+ running boards for $800? I don't think so...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts