Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordering very frustrating!

Ok, I am VERY frustrated right now with HandA.....Just tried placing an order for my mudflaps and some touch up paint, and because my shipping and mailing address are not the same, which i can NOT HELP, it will not go thru! I live in a rural area, and my MAILING address is a PO BOX for my credit card, and i said i wanted my order shipped to my business address, and they won't allow that unless it matches my billing address........so what to hell? why even ask if they address's are the same??????? i don't work from my po box!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh! i called my credit card company to have the shipping address confirmed with them, and they gave me the run around........i read their little info about it being to protect the customer, but come on, i order online all the time, and have NEVER run into this! what a HUGE PITA! anyone else dealt with this and handa? :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,043 Posts
Recent security changes put in place by most credit card companies have forced retailers to change the way they handle credit card transactions. The CVV code, and shipment verification are two of them. Handling the CVV code is straightforward. How retailers have handle shipment verification varies by the retailer. Some will only ship to the billing address. Others will ship to an alternate address, but require authentication to do so. The authentication could be an online query, or a follow-up phone call to the customer.

Which category does H and A fall into? Have you escalated to management and discussed this situation to the point where you fully understand their billing and shipping policies?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shovelhd said:
Recent security changes put in place by most credit card companies have forced retailers to change the way they handle credit card transactions. The CVV code, and shipment verification are two of them. Handling the CVV code is straightforward. How retailers have handle shipment verification varies by the retailer. Some will only ship to the billing address. Others will ship to an alternate address, but require authentication to do so. The authentication could be an online query, or a follow-up phone call to the customer.

Which category does H and A fall into? Have you escalated to management and discussed this situation to the point where you fully understand their billing and shipping policies?

Hello,

I realize what they are doing is for "my" safety, and that is appreciated. But, it's still frustating-I can not HELP the fact that my only choice here in rural NH for my home mailing address is PO box....that is just how it is! I work in a different town, and I always have stuff shipped there, but obviously it's a different mailing address, and I am not having my mail sent there! I did call MBNA, and they said i could probably put it on file, but will need to mail them a letter, they will review it, yada, yada.....and advise in less than 30 days........it's just annoying......why ask if your mailing/billing address is the same for shipping, if you can't change/use it? oh well, i will just order elsewhere, that's all........ :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
NH, make it less frustrating for youself. Call your credit card company and add the address that you want to have stuff shipped to to your account. I did this years ago (added my work address) and haven't had a problem since. Chances are that if you don't do this, you're going to start running into this more and more. The fix really is easy and should only take 5 minutes.

Heck, while you're calling the CC company, tell them you want a lower rate while you're at it! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hotbox said:
NH, make it less frustrating for youself. Call your credit card company and add the address that you want to have stuff shipped to to your account. I did this years ago (added my work address) and haven't had a problem since. Chances are that if you don't do this, you're going to start running into this more and more. The fix really is easy and should only take 5 minutes.

Heck, while you're calling the CC company, tell them you want a lower rate while you're at it!

Hotbox,

I did call them (mbna) and they told me to send them a letter, that it couldn't be done over the phone, they would review it and get back to me in less than thirty days. I will probably do this, but I don't want to wait that long for my mudflaps, so I will just order them from college hills honda-i have ordered stuff from them in the past, and they were great! :) I did get a lower interest rate just a few months ago, after threatening to cancel the account, but what they forget is, i pay off my balance each month, so it doesn't really matter! LOL :D but, in the case i ever DO have to leave something big on there for a month or two, it's nice knowing the interest is low......... ;) hey, i see you have the amazon green.....that was my first choice in color, but i just couldn't make up my mind on the interior........ how do you like it, now you have had it a while?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whaleya said:
There are other internet Honda accessory sites.

But first I would ring HandA

Hi,

yes there are other sites, and I am all set now! :)

I am not going to call handa....it was clear during checkout that they will ONLY do it this way.....and that's fine.....I will try them again in the future, when my credit card has the different address in their records
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
This is a very common practice and in fact makes HandA better than some of their competitors because they do what they can to protect their consumers. In fact there are regulations that came out over the last year in the US which require that companies do things to better protect their consumers and this is one of the ways that several companies are doing it. The reason they offer the second address is because if you have an alternative ship-to address on the card you can actually order from one address and have it shipped to another address which also exists on the card, or at least that is what they should be able to do.

You already know the solution to this problem so I won't bother to repeat that, but I respect companies that have strong consumer protection policies enforced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
captmiddy said:
This is a very common practice and in fact makes HandA better than some of their competitors because they do what they can to protect their consumers. In fact there are regulations that came out over the last year in the US which require that companies do things to better protect their consumers and this is one of the ways that several companies are doing it. The reason they offer the second address is because if you have an alternative ship-to address on the card you can actually order from one address and have it shipped to another address which also exists on the card, or at least that is what they should be able to do.

You already know the solution to this problem so I won't bother to repeat that, but I respect companies that have strong consumer protection policies enforced.
I can appreciate why they are doing it, (and have already said that), but at the start of your order, they should state their policies, not when you have already taken the time to go thru everything, order and start the checkout process, it's aggravating.......that's all......no biggie, for now they lost my order...in the future i will try them again, and neither of us are going to lose sleep over i am sure........ :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,043 Posts
One thing H and A could do is update the shipping policies section of their website to clearly state the policy and expected actions. I looked through them and there was nothing regarding this issue.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,825 Posts
captmiddy said:
This is a very common practice and in fact makes HandA better than some of their competitors because they do what they can to protect their consumers.
I can say, as someone who has had their credit card number stolen and abused, that I appreciate the extra security layer imposed by H and A Accessories. While I understand the frustration that it causes, it's still better than going through the hassle associated with a stolen number.

Identity theft is today's plague upon all of us and we all pay for it. My experience indicates that instead of tracking down the thieves, the credit card companies are more likely to just eat the loss and then raise prices for those of us who faithfully pay our bills, the same way that many/most retailers do when dealing with shoplifting. This is more cost effective for the companies and it isn't likely to change. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
NHRidgeline said:
I can appreciate why they are doing it, (and have already said that), but at the start of your order, they should state their policies, not when you have already taken the time to go thru everything, order and start the checkout process, it's aggravating.......that's all......no biggie, for now they lost my order...in the future i will try them again, and neither of us are going to lose sleep over i am sure........ :)
Dude,
go to www.cheaphondaparts.com. They are usually cheaper than HandA, and better shipping rates too. I ordered stuff from H and A last year for my Element. I used my new debit card, just got it that day. A month later I had $400 in fradulent charges on the card, and guess what, they happened the same day I placed the order from H and A. I'm not placing blame here, but I just stopped using H and A from then on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
That is odd, I ordered from them and had it shipped to my office and my billing address is not the same. I did this less than 4-5 weeks ago.

My business we can check addresses and ship to home or office.

Good luck.
 

·
ROC Founder, Admin
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
This is their policy and the same policy of some other online vendors that I know of. Your billing address and shipping address must match. That being said, just hold tight and wait for Trevor to get back to you. *Maybe* they can work something out - NO IDEA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
T Mac said:
This is their policy and the same policy of some other online vendors that I know of. Your billing address and shipping address must match. That being said, just hold tight and wait for Trevor to get back to you. *Maybe* they can work something out - NO IDEA.

I understand "now" that this is their policy, and it is a good one- it would be nice if they had a pop up window, or something that stated this BEFORE you shop, order and start the checkout.......it's no biggie, just annoying as hell so early in the am, with only 3 hours sleep and no coffee... :mad: ...then to have my credit card company give me the run around......even more aggravating......i did write the letter, and will send it in, so it will not be issue in the future......(hopefully)....just wanted to do business with a ROC sponsor, but maybe next time...... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
I too have had that problem with the P.O. Box thing. I live in Taos and all our mail (in the country) is a P.O. Box.

All I do is give my physical address and then include Box XXXX so it all looks like the same address. Never have had a problem with my credit card purchases doing it that way.

You might be able to try it like that - DON'T SAY P.O. BOX just BOX XXXXX.

Please don't get me started about the credit card companies and their feeble attempts at protecting me against fraudulant use. I do not believe they give a damn. A previous poster hit it on the head - they just make up their losses with the rest of us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
ridgeman said:
Please don't get me started about the credit card companies and their feeble attempts at protecting me against fraudulant use. I do not believe they give a damn. A previous poster hit it on the head - they just make up their losses with the rest of us.
I think I was the one who said they were doing it for your protection, but I never said they did it because they care, they do it to avoid legal ramifications that can come from not doing the right thing. There are only so many loses they can pass on to the other consumers, if they get sued for negligence the bad will and the loses may be beyond their ability to recover easily. It is about preserving brand more than protecting you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Plus with all the ID theft going on if I had a business I would not ship to P.O.'s either. Put yourself in thier shoes and think about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bellteck said:
Plus with all the ID theft going on if I had a business I would not ship to P.O.'s either. Put yourself in thier shoes and think about it.
Hi there....

I was not asking them to SHIP to my po box, i wanted my order shipped to my WORK address........my billing address is a po box! that was the problem......and I did think about....... :)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top